+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T Totally off topic

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    My brothers grandson gave me a ride in his £54,000 Tesla. I've never known a standing start like it. It pinned you into your seat, scary.

To cap it off the car drove itself back to the pub........that is fecking scary...............is it the way forwards?
    No it didn't, teslas are not automotous. Over here yet.

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    No it didn't, teslas are not automotous. Over here yet.
    They are when the battery goes flat and it’s attached to an AA relay tow truck

I have just received an email saying that my VW T5 will be ready to pick up at the end of the week.

It is to replace my 1974 pergeot J7. If we can have half as much fun in it I’ll be happy. One thing we won’t be able to do is drive down the autoroute authier the doors open having only a chain to hold us in..
    This van has now been converted into a bar in my garden

Quote Originally Posted by LincsMiller View Post
    Looks cool Geetarman
    Yes we’re not jealous are we Lincs

I’ll be upgrading next year, would love an Aston Martin but it’s just wouldn’t be practical

Nice car geets. The always remind me of roller skates for giants.
    I've had a couple of vauxhall and the astra was one of my favourite. Gripped the road and comfy. My fav car I've owned though was a MK1 ford fiesta. 1100cc. Mint green. I fitted xr3i springs with xr2 pepper pots. (I was 19, what can I say)
    Brother in law had a new 1.8 sapphire and on the way back from Warwick we were both clogging it. I passed him and his comment was. "My foot was on the floor and I was doing 100, What were you doing"
    I had no idea apart from 1/2 inch over 90 as the numbers had ran out.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Yes we’re not jealous are we Lincs

I’ll be upgrading next year, would love an Aston Martin but it’s just wouldn’t be practical
    I wouldn't bother mate. Not comfy and very cramped for passengers

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    Nice car. Funnily enough I've been looking at Audis recently.

Brin mentioned attachment to cars, our daughter is thinking of trading her Tiguan in but with a heavy heart. When she moved to California at 22 years old she decided to take it with her and make it a road trip. She drove north from Florida to New York then west to Oregon, then south to California.The states she went through were (northbound)Florida, Georgia, both Carolinas, Virginia, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, (then westbound) New York again, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Illinois, Oklahoma,Iowa ,Nebraska, Wyoming, Utah, Idaho, Oregon then southbound to California. She did some of it with a friend but much of it alone including some very desolate ares in the mid west. The whole drive was close to 5000 miles and took over a week.

It's safe to say that I was relieved when she got there.

She got stuck in the Utah desert and had to be towed and then the sand caused her brakes to seize, plus some other quite hairy moments that she told me about long afterwards, but otherwise it went well. The VW was flawless so she will be sad to part with it, but oh well.
    Sota what an amazing drive and adventure for your Daughter. The sights she must have seen I'm sure will have been great.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    I wouldn't bother mate. Not comfy and very cramped for passengers
    I’ve driven one which wasn’t too bad tbh just wouldn’t be an everyday use which isn’t any good to me and I haven’t room to have it for fun

I love my Mitsibushi Outlander Phev

Quote Originally Posted by thaimillerfan View Post
    I love my Mitsibushi Outlander Phev
    28 miles electric range then a thirsty 50 mpg.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast