+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: J.Q gets wound up on twitter

It seems this previously anonymous "Investor Group" have a lot to answer for regarding the "inherited maze" at the club.

They have held the balance of power at BFC since the takeover and have either---

1) Just sat back with BFC only a tiny part of their portfolio and let Lee and Conway just get on with dealing with this experimental venture in European football. Lee and Conway had made millions from OGC Nice so they must be good at their job. Leave them to it.

OR

2) As some on BBS have suggested, given Conway a four year non breakable proxy voting agreement whereby Conway could use the Investor Group's 20% shares to control the club with no need to refer back to the Group for approval of his actions as they were powerless to change any decision.

Either way the Group have an involvement and it is a bit rich for JAQ to now claim they "inherited the maze/mess" and they had nothing to do with it. The Group removed Conway after the four years because he was trashing their investment. It was their mistake putting Conway in effective control and pretending anything else is an insult to the intelligence of Barnsley fans.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 16-09-2022 at 06:46 AM.

Jules - as always, I will be amongst the most outspoken against the directors if there is something to complain about.
    I can’t see much evidence to do that right now.

IMO - if supporters are moaning just for the sake of moaning - then the directors are very likely to switch off and not listen to anything coming from supporters on social media.

Neerav at the press conference was very positive about the way forward for the club.
    JAQ during interviews has also been very positive.
    They have combined with the Crynes and appointed a good head coach - and brought in some decent signings.

However - Duff during the transfer window said it was clear that we needed more strikers.
    And JAQ actually said she had been looking at strikers.

Since the window shut Duff then said we had a couple of strikers lined up but didn’t manage to bring them in.

After listening to Neerav and JAQ - I believe the club was ready to push the boat out a little bit during the last transfer window.
    I was under the impression a couple of decent strikers would come in that had transfer fees attached to them - not costing much, but a bit.
    It didn’t happen.
    Was this because of disagreements within the boardroom???
    I’ve a feeling it could be.
    The use of the word ‘MAZE’ seems to confirm that.

We as supporters don’t need the details which results in accusing fingers being pointed - but it would be good if the club told us a bit more than what they are doing at the moment.
    Anyone else noticed Khaled has become quiet since the transfer window?
    Last edited by Young_Nudger; 16-09-2022 at 06:50 AM.

Does any one know how many of our shareholders and directors were at the Port Vale game?

Enough to fill a bus if they all turned up.

But I suspect other than Khaled and JC a lot of empty seats in the Directors box.

Only Jean Cryne is a Barnsley supporter.
    And to a degree James Cryne is - but according to his dad - not to the level he was.
    Which leaves ….
    The rest of the directors are not Barnsley supporters - most of them don’t live in this country.
    The CEO isn’t a Barnsley supporter.
    The head coach isn’t a Barnsley supporter.
    The 1st Team players are not Barnsley supporters.

None of this means they don’t want the best for Barnsley Football Club.
    I’m not expecting any of the directors to be at matches.

But that’s how football is now.
    Not just at Barnsley - but most clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Jules - as always, I will be amongst the most outspoken against the directors if there is something to complain about.
    I can’t see much evidence to do that right now.

IMO - if supporters are moaning just for the sake of moaning - then the directors are very likely to switch off and not listen to anything coming from supporters on social media.

Neerav at the press conference was very positive about the way forward for the club.
    JAQ during interviews has also been very positive.
    They have combined with the Crynes and appointed a good head coach - and brought in some decent signings.

However - Duff during the transfer window said it was clear that we needed more strikers.
    And JAQ actually said she had been looking at strikers.

Since the window shut Duff then said we had a couple of strikers lined up but didn’t manage to bring them in.

After listening to Neerav and JAQ - I believe the club was ready to push the boat out a little bit during the last transfer window.
    I was under the impression a couple of decent strikers would come in that had transfer fees attached to them - not costing much, but a bit.
    It didn’t happen.
    Was this because of disagreements within the boardroom???
    I’ve a feeling it could be.
    The use of the word ‘MAZE’ seems to confirm that.

We as supporters don’t need the details which results in accusing fingers being pointed - but it would be good if the club told us a bit more than what they are doing at the moment.
    Anyone else noticed Khaled has become quiet since the transfer window?
    I’m not annoyed about the way the team is shaping up so far this season. Seems we could do well with wht we already have.
    I’m annoyed at how she stands criticising folk that kept the club going by spending money on season tickets during a pandemic, with a season and a half missed in attendance.her comment about “Behave at matches ” rankled me too. Does this extend to the owners behaviour in their dealings? Is she going to “come clean” when this is all sorted out and inform the fans ( those who behave or not) what sort of regime and product they invested their money in ? Hope so.

The “Maze” isn’t the fans fault, they didn’t create it. They were blind to the goings on and uninformed, possibly “tricked” into backing a product or “idea” that was t ever going to result in the owners matching the fans investment, either money wise or ambition.

The rap was a bit far and I shouldn’t have called her B. ( apologies) But the sentiment of it was…… who is she to call us out for being negative….? We’ve seen nothing to suggest things have changed….( Best players still sold, no owners money spent. Pretty sure the fans are still puzzled, looking for the exit to the maze.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Only Jean Cryne is a Barnsley supporter.
    And to a degree James Cryne is - but according to his dad - not to the level he was.
    Which leaves ….
    The rest of the directors are not Barnsley supporters - most of them don’t live in this country.
    The CEO isn’t a Barnsley supporter.
    The head coach isn’t a Barnsley supporter.
    The 1st Team players are not Barnsley supporters.

None of this means they don’t want the best for Barnsley Football Club.
    I’m not expecting any of the directors to be at matches.

But that’s how football is now.
    Not just at Barnsley - but most clubs.
    JAQ said she was a fan of the club and loved the town of Barnsley.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    I’m not annoyed about the way the team is shaping up so far this season. Seems we could do well with wht we already have.
    I’m annoyed at how she stands criticising folk that kept the club going by spending money on season tickets during a pandemic, with a season and a half missed in attendance.her comment about “Behave at matches ” rankled me too. Does this extend to the owners behaviour in their dealings? Is she going to “come clean” when this is all sorted out and inform the fans ( those who behave or not) what sort of regime and product they invested their money in ? Hope so.

The “Maze” isn’t the fans fault, they didn’t create it. They were blind to the goings on and uninformed, possibly “tricked” into backing a product or “idea” that was t ever going to result in the owners matching the fans investment, either money wise or ambition.

The rap was a bit far and I shouldn’t have called her B. ( apologies) But the sentiment of it was…… who is she to call us out for being negative….? We’ve seen nothing to suggest things have changed….( Best players still sold, no owners money spent. Pretty sure the fans are still puzzled, looking for the exit to the maze.
    100% true that this maze has nothing to do with the fans.

I read the word bitch in the context of a rap where I understand the word is used in West Indian bad man slang as a general term for a girlfriend or wife eg this is ma bitch, that is Leroy's bitch. However, I see how it could be read as a term of abuse in an English context. Every verse raises an issue we have looked at before but expressed in a manner used in a different culture.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 16-09-2022 at 12:23 PM.

I don’t think JAQ was having a go at the fans in general - I think she was getting back at those giving her grief on Twitter.

Yes - ‘the Maze’ clearly isn’t the fault of the fans.
    I’m guessing it’s been caused by the poor performance by Paul Conway that has resulted in a rift forming within the boardroom.

I'm going to sign up to twitter tonight , I won't be abusing JAQ but I will be asking searching questions and leaving her in no doubt that she and the others aren't welcome here anymore by myself and I will only return to Oakwell if they invest back in to the club what they inherited or leave .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123