+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: NUFC vs Bournemouth

At home to bournemouth we maybe should have gone two up top Isak and Wood the usual system is fine against decent sides but not at home to one of the favourites for relegation, Botman shouldnt have been dropped either.

Quote Originally Posted by trinitoon View Post
    Bruno was flat but just coming back from an injury so can be forgiven.

Chris Wood is so useless, I don't know why bring him on at all to dirty his shirt.

Miggy is a waste of space compared to his preseason. Murphy might as well not bother trying. Chimpo level, really.

Could someone explain what happened to Willock versus his loan? Arteta must still be chuckling about that deal. Longstaff... SMH.

Fraser was trash. End of.

Not a good reflection on Howe today. He wants to be careful not to get himself and Amanda the sack with all these draws. Tuchel is free and if MBS is watching that on telly, you don't know how patient those at the top are willing to be.
    Foork me, a draw at home to B'mouth can really drive some people right to the edge

I myself was expecting a win and I think it's poor that we didn't win today. A win would have been great for our start to the season and the momentum that comes with it.

But lads - we don't have the quality to kill these games and get us the win comfortably. We're still not good enough, even with Isak and a somewhat groggy Bruno G. in the team. It's evident that we are still lacking creativity in the final third.

Can't blame Eddie for what he's got to work with*

*Doesn't mean you can't question his choices, subs etc. but at the end of the day he's working magic with this lot

Great post, Hughie-very good points. To be fair to Trini, I think he's right behind Howe but is worried that the folk at the top might be getting twitchy.

My criticism of the players stand. We were not at the races today. And the creativity missing when ASM doesn't play [on form] is massive.

My main point is that after having spent half a billion so far, form like this doesn't help Howe's case. I suspect that the people sitting above Amanda are itching to take some action that we might not like. Performances like today don't build confidence back in Saudi.

Don't sit there believing that our slow but continuous slide down the table and sequence of draws is drawing zero attention back at base. My eyes are 100% clear and I love what Eddie Howe is doing here.

But I know how ruthless business can be. This is not just a question of football.

Apart from the absolute shite line about the new owners not seeming patient (the evidence for this is what?), this is pretty accurate.

https://www.football365.com/news/opi...-saint-maximin

I think the second half of last season exceeded everyone's expectations and that's probably raised expectations too high this season

Our first 11 could finish in the top 6 imo but we don't have any depth.

I think Howe's job is pretty safe right now though

Quote Originally Posted by Alberts__Lob View Post
    I think the second half of last season exceeded everyone's expectations and that's probably raised expectations too high this season

Our first 11 could finish in the top 6 imo but we don't have any depth.

I think Howe's job is pretty safe right now though
    As well as this it's not often we are able to put out our strongest 1st eleven because of injuries. Thus starting in the first eleven are players who would normally be bench warmers.

That article expands a lot on what I've posted above.

The exception is this: I don't believe the people running the club are impatient at all - I can't praise them enough. My conspiracy theory is that those above them are not so patient, probably not so nice and I dread any change to the management structure that would reduce Wor Amanda's authority.

Quote Originally Posted by trinitoon View Post
    That article expands a lot on what I've posted above.

The exception is this: I don't believe the people running the club are impatient at all - I can't praise them enough. My conspiracy theory is that those above them are not so patient, probably not so nice and I dread any change to the management structure that would reduce Wor Amanda's authority.
    Hopefully the only impatience we might see is “just spend more money”

By that, I’m starting to think that clubs are going to keep adding extra on the fee’s until we don’t NEED these players.

As it is we’re obviously desperate for strength in depth, we’re in a bad negotiating position from the start… until we have a decent squad we’re going to have this issue and that’s just business.

It’s a game of fine margins. If just one of our shots at goal in each of the Palace and Bournemouth games is 3 inches more on target then everyone would be bouncing at the moment.
    Too many of our better players were flat yesterday.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)