+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽Match Thread vs. Dorking Wanderers 17.09.22 [NL]

Embarrassing result.

Quote Originally Posted by NcFc-123 View Post
    Worst result ever, when did you start supporting Notts, last week?
    Oh And I have supported them nearly 50 years

Quote Originally Posted by Warnocks Legends View Post
    He sounds completely shell shocked and now realises what a job he has to try and make Notts stronger and have a spine. However the owners need to back him with some signings, we can only fill the bench by using a reserve keeper.
    I'm not one to leap to the defence of the owners, I think they've been bordering on below average so far, but they've resisted selling RR and brought in two quality strikers. Can't argue with selling the injury prone Cal. We do need to strengthen but I'd assume we haven't due to RR and the Gateshead boys.

Still the best start we've had at this level, but after today's result, hard to be confident we're going to last the pace for a genuine top spot challenge.

He sounds completely shell shocked and now realises what a job he has to try and make Notts stronger and have a spine. However the owners need to back him with some signings, we can only fill the bench by using a reserve keeper.
    Not sure what difference it would've made if we'd had 10 on the bench, if you squander several excellent chances and defend badly it will never end well. To us uninformed it looks a lot like complacency.

I think there is an attitude problem here. We see it often when we play the weaker teams; the players seem to think the opposition is below them and think they only need to turn up and the game will be won.

Well if you can think of a more lowly opposition putting 3 past us feel free? Remember Dorking didn't exist 24 years ago and have been promoted 12 times, are fully part time and third leading striker is injured all season.
    They were 7 places below us in the same league. Stop being a drama queen.

Losing to Havant and Waterlooville at home in the FA cup was far worse a result.

Oh And I have supported them nearly 50 years
    Pretty much the worse result since we've been in Non League. Is that fair?

If only I could be sure that this is going to be the only shocking result against poor opposition this season, experience suggests otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by NcFc-123 View Post
    They were 7 places below us in the same league. Stop being a drama queen.

Losing to Havant and Waterlooville at home in the FA cup was far worse a result.
    If all you can do is throw personal insults , you are no supporter of deserve a place on this site!

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Pretty much the worse result since we've been in Non League. Is that fair?
    I agree with that bump worse result in national League, so by logic it's the lowest league we have been in so must rank as our worst ever league result.

Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast