+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FC Edinburgh part 2

Queens made FC Edinburgh look average at best twice in the space of 5 days and on Saturday we again played well but the only difference being our finishing was poor.

Let’s not knock the team for actually winning games.

Quote Originally Posted by arrol1919 View Post
    Queens made FC Edinburgh look average at best twice in the space of 5 days and on Saturday we again played well but the only difference being our finishing was poor.

Let’s not knock the team for actually winning games.
    Well said Sir.

Quote Originally Posted by fatfan View Post
    Can anyone honestly say that Edinburgh are a good side? Can anyone say when they strung two passes together in the two games we played them. Yes they have had some decent results but if your gauging there league position on how good they are is maybe a poor reflection on how good we are. The point I have been making is that this season so far has been shocking. We have dropped points, like today, against clubs we should be easily beating and we are nowhere near competing with the bigger clubs in the league. Also like i said before, if your happy with two wins against a club like Edinburgh then you celebrate that, but for me I won’t be happy until we are at the top of this league and beating the likes of Dunfermline, and we have recently seen how far off we are from that standard a few weeks back.
    FC Edinburgh now sitting top of the league after tonight’s 2-0 victory over Peterhead and a staggering nine points ahead of Queens.

The only thing to deduce from FC Edinburgh being top of the league is that Queens are light years ahead of Edinburgh City, - and so the players and management need to double down to address the situation and ensure that by the end of the next quarter (and preferably at the end of the season) that Queens have taken their rightful position atop the league.

However, - there are a lot of twists and turns, - and hard work before all that can happen, - but the supporters who have attended Queen's matches know that they are more than capable of promotion, - if they play to their full potential.

Edinburgh are not a good side at all. I've said it before, it says more about the league and QOS that both teams are sitting where they are. The two games were not flukes. Queens really have to start burying teams and making possession and chances count. The league table doesn't lie as they say however on this occasion the reason behind the positions at the moment are multi varied

Quote Originally Posted by Threefivetwo View Post
    Edinburgh are not a good side at all. I've said it before, it says more about the league and QOS that both teams are sitting where they are. The two games were not flukes. Queens really have to start burying teams and making possession and chances count. The league table doesn't lie as they say however on this occasion the reason behind the positions at the moment are multi varied
    To say that Edinburgh are not a good side then say the league table doesn't lie when they top that is an oxymoron to say the least. Edinburgh are currently top on merit and to say otherwise dismisses all the other teams in the league.

Luckily I don't subscribe to the world according to spike therefore, believe it or not, I can say Edinburgh are not a good side whilst also saying the table doesn't lie. Both are not mutually exclusive. I don't think they are a good side. I watched them twice recently and the QoS keeper had not one save to make. So yes, I am also saying they are top. They have gathered the most points so far, therefore the table doesn't lie but I can still say they are poor. Coming on and correcting and criticising all comers is admirable, however best to think before you speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Threefivetwo View Post
    Luckily I don't subscribe to the world according to spike therefore, believe it or not, I can say Edinburgh are not a good side whilst also saying the table doesn't lie. Both are not mutually exclusive. I don't think they are a good side. I watched them twice recently and the QoS keeper had not one save to make. So yes, I am also saying they are top. They have gathered the most points so far, therefore the table doesn't lie but I can still say they are poor. Coming on and correcting and criticising all comers is admirable, however best to think before you speak.
    Queens made them look poor with two good performances. Respect is due !!

If it's me you're aiming at then there's respect from me towards Queens performances. The frustration comes knowing they should be doing it most weeks. Nothing will change my opinion that Edinburgh are a poor side, I've got a pair of eyes and have been watching the game for decades

Wish Queens were as poor as FC Edinburgh. 7 wins from 10 games and sitting top!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)