+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fire the Questions

So basically this is how the evening event went for me.

Walked in with Whitey.
    Then we chatted to Gally about my ban on the BBS.
    Bought myself and Gally a drink.
    Then quick chat to Andy (media).

Jean came over - and discussed lots of stuff with her - including Patrick, James work, Conway, the new directors etc etc.
    Very impressed with Jean - she is a lovely warm hearted person.

Neerav joined us and we spoke about his work in India, why India is my favourite country, differences with Bangladesh, his family and his father’s company, why he loves England.
    Usual South Asian fella is Neerav.
    Very smiley happy person.

Khaled joined us briefly.
    And then Michael Duff.
    Surprising thing about Michael Duff is how young he looks in person. Lots of pressure on youngish shoulders.
    Had a quick chat with Michael and got him a pint.
    And said hello to JAQ while she was chatting to a group of fans nearby.
    She looked to be having a great time.

Watched the presentation with Jean.
    After the presentation spoke to Khaled and Michael about the general negativity of the questions asked by Loko.on the stage.

There’s a marked difference between the directors and the head coach and CEO.
    You can tell Michael and Khaled are here on a mission - that is to try and better themselves and earn money for their families.
    Two very serious fella’s.
    While on the other hand the directors are far more cheerful and here for the fun of it.

Second part of the evening was questions from the fans in the audience.
    I’ve experienced this before - and it can be cringeworthy at best e.g. ‘has tha had a Barnsley Chop yit’.
    So said my goodbyes to Jean and Neerav and went and stood at the back near the door.

While walking to the back bumped into Hicksy (BBS) who was complaining about the negativity of questions that Loko had been asked to ask during the first part of the presentation.

Then had a quick chat to Linz from the Manx. Always nice to see Linz.

Then went over to have a chat with Hemsy.
    Who was sat right at the back and didn’t ask any questions this time - which is unusual for him.
    Always like talking to Hemsy - interesting fella.

Could see Michael Duff was now on the stage answering questions - and more or less repeating what he had said earlier in the day to radio Sheffield.
    Dosent people listen to those interviews?

Waited while it ended - then had a walk into town.
    Overall a really interesting enjoyable evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    So basically this is how the evening event went for me.

Walked in with Whitey.
    Then we chatted to Gally about my ban on the BBS.
    Bought myself and Gally a drink.
    Then quick chat to Andy (media).

Jean came over - and discussed lots of stuff with her - including Patrick, James work, Conway, the new directors etc etc.
    Very impressed with Jean - she is a lovely warm hearted person.

Neerav joined us and we spoke about his work in India, why India is my favourite country, differences with Bangladesh, his family and his father’s company, why he loves England.
    Usual South Asian fella is Neerav.
    Very smiley happy person.

Khaled joined us briefly.
    And then Michael Duff.
    Surprising thing about Michael Duff is how young he looks in person. Lots of pressure on youngish shoulders.
    Had a quick chat with Michael and got him a pint.
    And said hello to JAQ while she was chatting to a group of fans nearby.
    She looked to be having a great time.

Watched the presentation with Jean.
    After the presentation spoke to Khaled and Michael about the general negativity of the questions asked by Loko.on the stage.

There’s a marked difference between the directors and the head coach and CEO.
    You can tell Michael and Khaled are here on a mission - that is to try and better themselves and earn money for their families.
    Two very serious fella’s.
    While on the other hand the directors are far more cheerful and here for the fun of it.

Second part of the evening was questions from the fans in the audience.
    I’ve experienced this before - and it can be cringeworthy at best e.g. ‘has tha had a Barnsley Chop yit’.
    So said my goodbyes to Jean and Neerav and went and stood at the back near the door.

While walking to the back bumped into Hicksy (BBS) who was complaining about the negativity of questions that Loko had been asked to ask during the first part of the presentation.

Then had a quick chat to Linz from the Manx. Always nice to see Linz.

Then went over to have a chat with Hemsy.
    Who was sat right at the back and didn’t ask any questions this time - which is unusual for him.
    Always like talking to Hemsy - interesting fella.

Could see Michael Duff was now on the stage answering questions - and more or less repeating what he had said earlier in the day to radio Sheffield.
    Dosent people listen to those interviews?

Waited while it ended - then had a walk into town.
    Overall a really interesting enjoyable evening.
    So basically you spent the night lobbying to get back on bbs .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    So basically you spent the night lobbying to get back on bbs .
    Lol !!!
    Well - according to Jean (and apparently James) - it’s best not to even read it.
    So out of a couple of hours of full fat entertainment - the BBS was discussed over a period of about 25 seconds.
    So no ……. your suggestion is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Lol !!!
    Well - according to Jean (and apparently James) - it’s best not to even read it.
    So out of a couple of hours of full fat entertainment - the BBS was discussed over a period of about 25 seconds.
    So no ……. your suggestion is wrong.
    Yeh it's the bit where you discussed your bbs ban with Oliver Hardy that gives the game away .

That is some brown nosing Nudge.

Everybody will be talking to each other about the time they met Nudge. Loved the casual way you describe the evening--"Bought Gally a drink, Jean came over, Neerav joined us, then Michael, Khaled joined us, said Hello to JAQ etc etc. Reminded me of Alan Partridge at the Guiness heiress charity party.

By the way on another post you said Gally was the Chairman of BBS. No he isn't, you have to be elected to be Chairman. He is the sole owner of the site and can ban who he likes.

Good luck with your efforts to get your BBS ban lifted.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 24-09-2022 at 09:36 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12