+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Derby County Forum

Derby County Forum

Curiosity has finally got the better of me and I have wandered onto a Derby County Forum for their feedback on the Warne appointment.
    Who the hell do they think they are? I think their best chance of winning anything this year is by beating Wednesday in the 'Massivitus Cup Final'!
    They harp on about our tiny resources,terrible infrastructure,hoof ball and some constantly referring to us as 'Rovrum'! This from a set of fans whose club was on the brink of extinction only the other week!
    They should know that throughout ALL of Warne's League 1 campaigns he was supported by a very healthy budget and a very efficient and well run recruitment department along with a Chairman who endured 3 relegations without which 3 promotions would not have been possible.They fail to credit our wonderful stadium which is the envy of far 'bigger' clubs than ourselves and ,staggeringly,they don't seem to grasp the most important fact of all.......that we play our football in a division higher than themselves.
    One would think that nearly going bankrupt and losing their club would have had a humbling effect.Obviously not.

Been to Derby three times,* never enjoyed the experience, not nice fans.
    *We did get thrashed twice,maybe that had something to do with it.

I had a look too Jimmy and apart from their sense of entitlement it was so noticeable how many of them were completely underwhelmed by the appointment of Warne.
    It appears that he has made some derogatory comments about Derby in the past and later retracted them and this still rankles with their intelligenzia. I can't say I recall the alleged incident so can't really comment.
    It is also apparent that a lot of their fans see Warne as a short-term fix to get them out of League 1 but, even if he achieves that, they then expect a much bigger appointment for the Championship.
    Presumably if he doesn't get them promoted he'll be gone anyway.
    Good luck Warney, you're certainly going to need it with that lot.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    I had a look too Jimmy and apart from their sense of entitlement it was so noticeable how many of them were completely underwhelmed by the appointment of Warne.
    It appears that he has made some derogatory comments about Derby in the past and later retracted them and this still rankles with their intelligenzia. I can't say I recall the alleged incident so can't really comment.
    It is also apparent that a lot of their fans see Warne as a short-term fix to get them out of League 1 but, even if he achieves that, they then expect a much bigger appointment for the Championship.
    Presumably if he doesn't get them promoted he'll be gone anyway.
    Good luck Warney, you're certainly going to need it with that lot.
    I agree Mellow............I've said this on another thread but I'll say it here........there is a very reasonable chance he will be the manager again here within 18 months. I hope he isn't because that would mean our next manager has failed,but none the less,it is still a reasonable chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Badfellow View Post
    I agree Mellow............I've said this on another thread but I'll say it here........there is a very reasonable chance he will be the manager again here within 18 months. I hope he isn't because that would mean our next manager has failed,but none the less,it is still a reasonable chance.
    As much as I like and respect Warne I am not an advocate of allowing back people who have moved on to better themselves and failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    As much as I like and respect Warne I am not an advocate of allowing back people who have moved on to better themselves and failed.
    A valid point Patty but it does happen......Nathan Jones and Eddie Howe being the obvious 2 purely because it worked 2nd time round for both.Ronnie Moore came back for a 2nd stint and that worked reasonably well. A lot would be decided on what note the relationship between TS & PW parted on. Anyway I guess that is a subject that may/may not be needed in the future.The club comes first and no one individual is bigger than that.

If Warne has got a 4 year deal he will be well set when he gets the sack from Derby, I reckon it will be sooner rather than later. He will be getting paid for walking his dog until he gets another job as a fitness coach.

Quote Originally Posted by jakethemiller View Post
    If Warne has got a 4 year deal he will be well set when he gets the sack from Derby, I reckon it will be sooner rather than later. He will be getting paid for walking his dog until he gets another job as a fitness coach.
    Yes Jake, I find it strange that they gave Warne a 4 year contract. For a club that is only recently out of serious financial issues and I think have player signing restrictions, it’s not going to be easy for him to get the early return the fans expect. Maybe the management are being a bit more realistic and are looking longer term? Derby are a big club, certainly outside the PL, but so are several others in L1 this year so getting out first time will be a tough ask for anyone so Warnes experience at this level may be critical. Obviously being a Bolton fan I hope he fails but if he does get them out then I think he deserves real credit for it. Let’s hope in the meantime you can fill your position with someone who can keep you up this time?

Seem to think the animosity stemmed from when we tanned their arses 3 0 didn’t Rooney say TS had been disrespectful? Can’t remember that Warne had owt to do with it think we beat them away time plays tricks think it was last time we were in Champ? You’d think with them being such a big club I’d remember!!!
    As regards Warne I think he’ll be gone by Xmas but think the next club he goes to after that he’ll do a good job
    Like the above good people say I wouldn’t want him back either we need a new coach and staff with new ideas with of course the exception of Rob Scott and Woody who is going to be crucial with this appointment as the link between the players and the new guy

Quote Originally Posted by BarnsleyWhites View Post
    Yes Jake, I find it strange that they gave Warne a 4 year contract. For a club that is only recently out of serious financial issues and I think have player signing restrictions, it’s not going to be easy for him to get the early return the fans expect. Maybe the management are being a bit more realistic and are looking longer term? Derby are a big club, certainly outside the PL, but so are several others in L1 this year so getting out first time will be a tough ask for anyone so Warnes experience at this level may be critical. Obviously being a Bolton fan I hope he fails but if he does get them out then I think he deserves real credit for it. Let’s hope in the meantime you can fill your position with someone who can keep you up this time?
    Let's face it they have probably got Warne, Barker, Hamshaw and Warrington on 4 year deals and are still paying less than they were to Rooney alone for one.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast