+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bonner gives knock back

Which ever way you look at it we lose 3 of our best players to League 1,we lose our manager,assistant,coach and goalkeeping coach to League 1 and now we can't attract a manager from League 1 while sitting 8th in the Championship with a game in hand! I guess that says it all.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Didn't see that when he played us off the park last year!
    Quote Originally Posted by millersrus View Post
    Don’t remember Cambridge playing us off the park. Remember us still having enough to get past them when not at our best on 3 occasions though.
    No I wouldnt have said Cambridge played us off the park last season but they most definitely played well. UTM

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Badfellow View Post
    Which ever way you look at it we lose 3 of our best players to League 1,we lose our manager,assistant,coach and goalkeeping coach to League 1 and now we can't attract a manager from League 1 while sitting 8th in the Championship with a game in hand! I guess that says it all.
    Doesn't look too clever I must admit. Bit on the bright side we have managed to hang on to two of our 50=50 sellers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Badfellow View Post
    Entirely different, Warne and Smith etc were bought, there's no way Cambridge have £gazumped us.
    And, unless Ive missed something, it's all rumour and supposition about us targeting Bonner and him "turning us down"

I got to agree with Jimmy Badfellow .This Chairman is not going to give a descent Salary even though he's saved on 4 mens salaries.

Thai,don't forget the huge compensation we received from Derby as well.The funds we have, should be no problem persuading an upcoming lower league manager coming to the club.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    Thai,don't forget the huge compensation we received from Derby as well.The funds we have, should be no problem persuading an upcoming lower league manager coming to the club.
    I agree, which means it must be something else if Bonner has indeed turned us down (but we don't know either way if that's true)

Cambridge United manager Bonner has a Director of Football sorting the transfer, loans etc
    at the club. So a lot of pressure is taken off him.
    Where as at Rotherham United we don't even have a person on the board who has major
    knowledge of football.
    I saw it mentioned in a article start of the week regarding Bonner & having a working director
    of Football to help him out, to which he feels good with the back up.
    Could it be with the Millers not even having football knowledge on the board, it put him off
    taking the Millers hot seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Cambridge United manager Bonner has a Director of Football sorting the transfer, loans etc
    at the club. So a lot of pressure is taken off him.
    Where as at Rotherham United we don't even have a person on the board who has major
    knowledge of football.
    I saw it mentioned in a article start of the week regarding Bonner & having a working director
    of Football to help him out, to which he feels good with the back up.
    Could it be with the Millers not even having football knowledge on the board, it put him off
    taking the Millers hot seat.
    Could well be right there Eric.I've said before there is no proper structure, back of office at our club.

Or could it simply just be, Cambridge fan doesn't want to leave his hometown club. It's not like he's turned Real Madrid down.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast