+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: O/T my favourite phrase

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    I'm opposed to the death penalty primarily because too many innocent people would die, but you make a good point, Scum. Both Fred West and Harold Shipman chose to check out on their terms rather than serve life imprisonment. I think many others would too (possibly including the odd innocent one).

I don't think it's necessarily a living with guilty thing though. Speaking as a bit of a connoisseur of criminals, I would say that part of the 'kick' that the likes of Shipman and West get is the feeling of being in control of others. Reverse that position and they really don't like it.
    Innocent people die at the hands of people who have been released to murder again.

I don't think it's necessarily a living with guilty thing though. Speaking as a bit of a connoisseur of criminals, I would say that part of the 'kick' that the likes of Shipman and West get is the feeling of being in control of others. Reverse that position and they really don't like it.
    So is that why people become prison guards?

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    Innocent people die at the hands of people who have been released to murder again.
    I don't think many people who have been convicted of murder kill again, but it does happen. I don't think that justifies the state killing innocent people though.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    So is that why people become prison guards?
    Potentially. My observation is that many people enjoy, or can come to enjoy controlling others. Take a look at this week's news about staff at a mental hospital abusing patients.

Groundhog Day!

The standard of proof required in English criminal cases is 'beyond reasonable doubt' (or 'satisfied so as to be sure' in the new money). In other words, the Birmingham Six, the Guildford Four, Stefan Kiszko and Sally Clark to name but a few, were found guilty of murder 'beyond reasonable doubt' even though they weren't.

As for Ian Huntley, the guilty verdict in his case was on a 10:2 majority, which indicates that two of the jury who sat through the evidence and heard it tested did not think the case proven 'beyond reasonable doubt'.
    Lord Longford calm thi sen down. Okay, I’ll reword my point.

Those that have openly admitted killing someone ie; Bellfield and Huntley, should hang or, be disposed of. They serve no meaning by being incarcerated for the rest of their lives. They are pure evil and will never be cured. Given the opportunity to be released, I dare say they would kill again.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Lord Longford calm thi sen down. Okay, I’ll reword my point.

Those that have openly admitted killing someone ie; Bellfield and Huntley, should hang or, be disposed of. They serve no meaning by being incarcerated for the rest of their lives. They are pure evil and will never be cured. Given the opportunity to be released, I dare say they would kill again.
    I responded to your post in a measured fashion. Why would I need to calm down and why the Longford comparison?

Neither Huntley nor Bellfield admitted murder, openly or otherwise. Huntley's case was that the death of his two victims was accidental and, as I mentioned above (whilst not calm and chanelling Longford, apparently), 2 jury members (i.e. two people who actually heard the evidence) were not convinced that Huntley was guilty. Whether that was because they accepted that the deaths may have been accidental or because they thought him guilty of manslaughter we will never know.

And where do you stand over Stefan Kiszko? He did admit the killing of Lesley Moleseed to the police and his defence team ran his defence upon the basis that he had killed her but was not guilty of manslaughter by way of diminished responsibilty. The only problem was that he had not killed her. Had he been hung, it has to be likely that the real killer, Ronald Castree would still be walking amongst us.

"Whatever doesn't kill you makes you really rather cross"

Quote Originally Posted by kempo View Post
    My favourite is “Rest assured that if you are at death’s door Dr K will pull you through!”
    Welcome back.

Quote Originally Posted by kempo View Post
    My favourite is “Rest assured that if you are at death’s door Dr K will pull you through!”
    I see that the rumours of your death were premature. Good to have you back. That crazy guy Monty has left so you don't have to worry about shotgun attacks. You haven't missed anything much. I'd say PM me but I never read them - too much hate mail from stalkers.

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    I see that the rumours of your death were premature. Good to have you back. That crazy guy Monty has left so you don't have to worry about shotgun attacks. You haven't missed anything much. I'd say PM me but I never read them - too much hate mail from stalkers.
    Wendun, that means you haven’t read mine then which I sent you last week.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast