+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast

Thread: Rotherhams new manager

Another degree educated Rotherham manager. I always enjoyed PW's interviews and will no doubt enjoy listening to Matt's. In his first one on Radio Sheffield (https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/co...7jhRyhI7nWuPKo) he sounds like an educated, sincere, ambitious and dedicated individual and he will be a highlight on Praise or Grumble compared to the dross we hear from the likes of Darren eerrrmm Moore. Looking forward to tomorrow night!!

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post
    Yes you have told us before about your football career ! but would you mind naming the teams ?
    Tranmere Rovers, Poulton Victoris,who no longers exist, Connahs Quay, now known as Connahs Quay Nomads, who been in the Europa League a couple of times recently, and Cammel Laird. all in the semo pro West Cheshire League. I forgot, Flint.

Good luck to Matt. Here’s hoping you have a successful career at Rotherham. If it’s short let’s hope it’s because you’ve been poached by a premier league club.

Might be best to turn up sober tomorrow when you look at dugout

Assistant

Name:  72BC7A52-24B1-4BB9-875D-5A37EF693DB9.jpg
Views: 669
Size:  9.8 KB

Welcome Matt,good luck but please don't turn up at your next pressy with a Miller's bobble hat and spend 2 minutes talking about the various choices you had to pain yourself over! You don't HAVE to be hilarious.....just be yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Might be best to turn up sober tomorrow when you look at dugout

Assistant

Name:  72BC7A52-24B1-4BB9-875D-5A37EF693DB9.jpg
Views: 669
Size:  9.8 KB
    With your track record of identifying people I wouldn't be surprised if that was Doris!

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    With your track record of identifying people I wouldn't be surprised if that was Doris!
    I’ll probably call him Warney even sober

My last words on Matt signing today is, Stewart has taken a big gamble on an unproven Manager at Championship level. Likewise, Matt comes in unproven in the championship but still a promotion manager.

Good luck to their new venture and partnership and that it’s a heaven made partnership.
    Last edited by Brin; 04-10-2022 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    My last words on Matt signing today is, Stewart has taken a big gamble on an unproven Manager at Championship level.
    Good luck to their new venture and partnership and that it’s a heaven made partnership.
    It's always a gamble whoever is appointed.
    Matt Taylor fits the TS criteria, he's intelligent, educated football wise, can communicate to players to get his ideas how he wants them to perform. Only problem is will the players take it onboard.
    Clean slate for all the squad, no favourites and no favouritism.
    Wayne Carlisle is also a decent appointment.
    Good luck to the new management team , yet going to need it. 🤞

Quote Originally Posted by Godsend.F.C. View Post
    It's always a gamble whoever is appointed.
    Matt Taylor fits the TS criteria, he's intelligent, educated football wise, can communicate to players to get his ideas how he wants them to perform. Only problem is will the players take it onboard.
    Clean slate for all the squad, no favourites and no favouritism.
    Wayne Carlisle is also a decent appointment.
    Good luck to the new management team , yet going to need it. 🤞
    Totally agree pal in all you say. One fear is our fans won’t allow the settling in period and will demand instant results. I also hope TS isn’t expecting similar results.

Matt has been given an almost 4 year contract. It’s a time consumed exercise so let’s all show restraint and support Matt and his team going forward.
    Last edited by Brin; 04-10-2022 at 11:40 PM.

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast