+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Statement from the club

To me as someone who has not grasped the financial workings of the club so basically a lay mans point of view, it represents some kind of harmony in the camp ,which was obviously missing under Conways watch , again without knowing how the money side of the club there has been the recent cash injection of some £3 million or so which probably again would not have happened under Conway so things would appear to be smooth in the boardroom , all this coupled with improvements on the pitch must be positive , or am I just a silly old naive fan who hopes that the club off the pitch is on the mend.

We’ll be bankrupt/insolvent without further cash input. So harmony in boardroom, if it exists, is a good thing. My feeling is that the whole picture is not a rosy as the current spokespeople would have us believe.

Time will tell

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    We’ll be bankrupt/insolvent without further cash input. So harmony in boardroom, if it exists, is a good thing. My feeling is that the whole picture is not a rosy as the current spokespeople would have us believe.

Time will tell
    Based around finances in my opinion Ethel , sailing very close to the wind , for how long is the question .

Totally agree animal. It will all play out in time.

So, if the club goes bankrupt in the meantime… The Crynes never get their money. Sounds like a win win for the cons ortium.
    “Well, we never paid for it anyway…”

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    To me as someone who has not grasped the financial workings of the club so basically a lay mans point of view, it represents some kind of harmony in the camp ,which was obviously missing under Conways watch , again without knowing how the money side of the club there has been the recent cash injection of some £3 million or so which probably again would not have happened under Conway so things would appear to be smooth in the boardroom , all this coupled with improvements on the pitch must be positive , or am I just a silly old naive fan who hopes that the club off the pitch is on the mend.
    In summary with rounded approximate figures--

--Before he was binned by the Investor Group the Board watched Conway run down the club's reserves in the accounts from £5 million to zero.

--Relegation cost the club £6 million in TV share income, from £8 million in the Championship to £2 million in the Third Division

- A loan from the EFL of £2 million during Covid remains unpaid

--A 20% drop in ST sales and failure to secure a proper sponsorship deal lost another £1 million from £4 million down to £3 million

--So with income down to around £5 million, no reserves, loans to pay and annual running costs of around £10 million (mainly wages ) the only answer was to sell players for as much as they could get and offload others to reduce the wage bill. The sales and offloads didn't bring in as much as anticipated and squad gaps still had to be filled with free transfers and loan players adding to the wage bill.

--Despite all this Parekh has stated the club is still losing £1 million a month in running costs. An emergency sale of £1 million worth of shares was announced in the summer, all bought by existing shareholders in proportion to their existing share of the ownership ( including Lee and Conway). This meant £1 mill was now available to the club but the owners now had more shares which can be sold, in other words it is not a straight gift cash amount to the club from their pockets and lost forever.

--To cover continued monthly losses of £1 mill in running the club until January another emergency share issue, this time £3.2 mill, has been announced on the same basis--again not a gift cash injection from owners pockets never to be seen again, but shares which can later be sold.
    The take up of this share offering is not yet known

--Being aware of the cash crisis at the club the Crynes have agreed to drop the Court case to get back through the Courts the money still owed to them by the Consortium for purchasing the club and have agreed to delay instalments due to them of the remaining £2.75 million owed until next summer.

The club is living from hand to mouth each month with another £1mill a month hole to fill starting next January.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 04-10-2022 at 06:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    In summary with rounded approximate figures--

--Before he was binned by the Investor Group the Board watched Conway run down the club's reserves in the accounts from £5 million to zero.

--Relegation cost the club £6 million in TV share income, from £8 million in the Championship to £2 million in the Third Division

- A loan from the EFL of £2 million during Covid remains unpaid

--A 20% drop in ST sales and failure to secure a proper sponsorship deal lost another £1 million from £4 million down to £3 million

--So with income down to around £5 million, no reserves, loans to pay and annual running costs of around £10 million (mainly wages ) the only answer was to sell players for as much as they could get and offload others to reduce the wage bill. The sales and offloads didn't bring in as much as anticipated and squad gaps still had to be filled with free transfers and loan players adding to the wage bill.

--Despite all this Parekh has stated the club is still losing £1 million a month in running costs. An emergency sale of £1 million worth of shares was announced in the summer, all bought by existing shareholders in proportion to their existing share of the ownership ( including Lee and Conway). This meant £1 mill was now available to the club but the owners now had more shares which can be sold, in other words it is not a straight gift cash amount to the club from their pockets and lost forever.

--To cover continued monthly losses of £1 mill in running the club until January another emergency share issue, this time £3.2 mill, has been announced on the same basis--again not a gift cash injection from owners pockets never to be seen again, but shares which can later be sold.
    The take up of this share offering is not yet known

--Being aware of the cash crisis at the club the Crynes have agreed to drop the Court case to get back through the Courts the money still owed to them by the Consortium for purchasing the club and have agreed to delay instalments due to them of the remaining £2.75 million owed until next summer.

The club is living from hand to mouth each month with another £1mill a month hole to fill starting next January.
    Cheers SB for a well put together explanation of the situation which appears not to be healthy at all , will the fees we have agreed with clubs who we sold players to be drip fed back in to the club by stages or will they have been paid up front ? I ask this because I presume these fees will be key to helping the club survive or will further cash injections be required to save us from sinking .

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    Cheers SB for a well put together explanation of the situation which appears not to be healthy at all , will the fees we have agreed with clubs who we sold players to be drip fed back in to the club by stages or will they have been paid up front ? I ask this because I presume these fees will be key to helping the club survive or will further cash injections be required to save us from sinking .
    I don't know Shads. As usual information on transfers is undisclosed.

The things i have summarised are taken from published BFC Accounts, the Hong Kong Registry where BFC shares are registered and public statements from Directors or the Club.

The statement about the club losing £1 million a month was confirmed at the recent Shambles meeting by Parekh and this is only covered by the £3.2 million share money until January.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 04-10-2022 at 07:26 AM.

The financial position won’t be improved by performances on the pitch either.
    In fact it will be made worse.
    All those win bonuses, clean sheet bonuses and goal bonuses to be paid out.
    They can’t afford to be promoted, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Olias1 View Post
    The financial position won’t be improved by performances on the pitch either.
    In fact it will be made worse.
    All those win bonuses, clean sheet bonuses and goal bonuses to be paid out.
    They can’t afford to be promoted, lol.
    ---and the better the player's performance the more likely that other clubs will want to buy them in January. Tha can't win.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12