+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Matchday thread: Rams v Port Vale

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Match summary: great goal by Collins, Mendez Laing and Dobbin should have put away their chances, ref lost control but not sure if he was anti-rams til I see the incidents, Knight cost us the second goal, and we just ran out of ideas when behind, we seem to fade in games and that’s a worry
    Truth be told our midfield was anonymous

We gave away silly goals but ref was totally incompetent, either that or a cheat, either way should never ref a game ever again

Quote Originally Posted by SithHappens View Post
    We gave away silly goals but ref was totally incompetent, either that or a cheat, either way should never ref a game ever again
    I expect many more ref performances like this sadly!

The positive is he defiantly has a style in mind amd ylu can see that albeit its very disjointed and we dont have the legs to go 90 minutes

If we dont see the back of Mendez, Barkhuizen and Bird in January and replaced with more suitable personnel types then that will be the time to worry because its obvious those three arent suited to this new way of playing esp in a 352 with wing backs (I like Mendez but hes no wing back and thats said with hindsight involved)

And we’re going to need to say ta ra to Chester, Stearman and Davies as well because we’re going to need legs and energy in that back 3 and thats a priority so Clowes needs to back his man now after giving him a 4 year contract

I guess we will be getting linked with a fair few in January

And I think Mcgoldrick will be another to be for the chopping block as well. So its going to be another busy January and summer transfer fest no doubt

I think the summer was a needs must type transfer freebie rush but now Clowes is in and got his own man team in hes now stamped his own mark on the club and hired his own man etc

Like I said the one positive is you can see how Warne wants to olay and im all for it as long as hes able to get his own players in, we might just have to accept a bit of short term frustration though.

In the week I had an online chat with some Vale fans. They said the ref was crap last time he reffed them. Denied them a penalty. Well, he paid them back in spades.

1st penalty was one of those that could be given but half the time wouldn't be. There was contact but nothing to send the player tumbling like he did. 50/50 and it went their way. 2nd penalty, I'm not sure. There was definitely a hand above head height involved. Having seen it a couple of times I'm not sure if it was Stears, Hourihane or their player.

Stearman's card for that collision with Harrison. Not even a foul, never mind a card.

Good goal from Collo but what was he doing for the sending off. There's a lot of speculation varying between he didn't touch the player and he hardly touched him. Irrelevant. Such a violent movement that close to an opposition player and you are going to walk, whether he makes a meal of it or not.

95th minute when Sibley was pulled down in the box. How was that not a penalty?

Another game we could have had wrapped up 1st half and faded 2nd.

NML. In e previous thread I mentioned that he doesn't like the wing back role and that is why he turned down a new contract at Wendy. I think we are starting to see why. Still excellent going forward but light on the defensive side.

I agree that we need more pace at the back. It wouldn't surprise me to see Rooney given a start once he's back to match fitness. Play him alongside Cashin with one of Davies, Stears, Chester to guide them and they can do their running for them.

Hopefully, we will learn form this game. They showed the "dirty" side of lower League football. If we don't cotton on quickly we will be destined for midtable at best.

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    The positive is he defiantly has a style in mind amd ylu can see that albeit its very disjointed and we dont have the legs to go 90 minutes

If we dont see the back of Mendez, Barkhuizen and Bird in January and replaced with more suitable personnel types then that will be the time to worry because its obvious those three arent suited to this new way of playing esp in a 352 with wing backs (I like Mendez but hes no wing back and thats said with hindsight involved)

And we’re going to need to say ta ra to Chester, Stearman and Davies as well because we’re going to need legs and energy in that back 3 and thats a priority so Clowes needs to back his man now after giving him a 4 year contract

I guess we will be getting linked with a fair few in January

And I think Mcgoldrick will be another to be for the chopping block as well. So its going to be another busy January and summer transfer fest no doubt

I think the summer was a needs must type transfer freebie rush but now Clowes is in and got his own man team in hes now stamped his own mark on the club and hired his own man etc

Like I said the one positive is you can see how Warne wants to olay and im all for it as long as hes able to get his own players in, we might just have to accept a bit of short term frustration though.
    So that's just 7 out then? Not sure how we achieve that as they are all on contracts to end of season at least and six of them were hardly in demand in the summer if they had to come to us!!

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post

Another game we could have had wrapped up 1st half and faded 2nd.

They showed the "dirty" side of lower League football. If we don't cotton on quickly we will be destined for midtable at best.
    Agree with these Two key points.

PV like a couple of other teams were borderline cheats, we need to fight fire with fire on that one. And one of their goals came indirectly from a free kick where they stole 10 yards, they must have done it 20 times, we need to copy tactics like that, much as it goes against the grain

Regarding the ref, he was useless but we gotta remember we are a third tier team so should expect third tier refs

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    So that's just 7 out then? Not sure how we achieve that as they are all on contracts to end of season at least and six of them were hardly in demand in the summer if they had to come to us!!
    I did wonder the same thing...and I don’t see how the players mentioned have suddenly become bad against supposedly less talented opposition.

Quote Originally Posted by eddy779h34 View Post
    Truth be told our midfield was anonymous
    Of all the players we lost as a result of last season’s ‘punishment’ I wonder if being forced to ‘give away’ Shinnie was the most calamitous.
    Made no sense at the time and he did provide some much needed ‘bite’ and guile. Would we get him back? Maybe Warne has someone else in mind.

If we’re giing to play the style Warne wants we need legs and energy which means a lot of the mentioned dont fit in in my opinion

I like Mendez but hes no wing back he needs to be picking the ball up in the final third not our own half

As forrefs and linos get used to it because we will be pribably be down here at least two seasons now so we need to learn to be dirty as well. The refs are a circus act down here and we need to play accordingly

Warne at least knows this

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)