+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Utd v the Wee Hibs

Utd v the Wee Hibs

Tricky dilemma for Fox now regarding starting 11.
    Does he stick and try to get continuity, does he change?
    Decent enough squad for this league if they fight as a team like yesterday. We do need to replace goalie and strengthen the right side of defence, Smith, Freeman defo and possibly Graham but would give him more time.
    Harkes can do one, he does have energy but on whole his contribution hinders rather than helps, Smith starting to go similar for me.
    Watt up front and central, being a wee shyte is defo, McGrath, Sibbald and Levitt in midfield is a must. With what we have, I would prefer Graham, Edwards and Mulgrew as starters in the main defence, Edwards in the centre is where he performs best, with the right and left back moving into midfield where possible.

************************Keeper******************** *******
    *******Graham********Edwards********Mulgrew******* *
    Freeman***************************************Behi ch
    ****************Levitt*********Sibbald************ ******
    ************************McGrath******************* *****
    ***************Fletcher********Watt*************** *****

Bench wise we are decent with cover for multiple positions etc
    Subs, Keeper, Smith, McMann, Pawlett, Happy, Middleton, Meekison, Niskanen +1 Djoum?

Quote Originally Posted by A. J View Post
    Tricky dilemma for Fox now regarding starting 11.
    Does he stick and try to get continuity, does he change?
    Decent enough squad for this league if they fight as a team like yesterday. We do need to replace goalie and strengthen the right side of defence, Smith, Freeman defo and possibly Graham but would give him more time.
    Harkes can do one, he does have energy but on whole his contribution hinders rather than helps, Smith starting to go similar for me.
    Watt up front and central, being a wee shyte is defo, McGrath, Sibbald and Levitt in midfield is a must. With what we have, I would prefer Graham, Edwards and Mulgrew as starters in the main defence, Edwards in the centre is where he performs best, with the right and left back moving into midfield where possible.

************************Keeper******************** *******
    *******Graham********Edwards********Mulgrew******* *
    Freeman***************************************Behi ch
    ****************Levitt*********Sibbald************ ******
    ************************McGrath******************* *****
    ***************Fletcher********Watt*************** *****

Bench wise we are decent with cover for multiple positions etc
    Subs, Keeper, Smith, McMann, Pawlett, Happy, Middleton, Meekison, Niskanen +1 Djoum?

Whilst your team on paper looks better than last night why would we even consider changing 4 players after we finally win? Those players have the jerseys now and are theirs to keep until they mess up

If they play like yesterday I see where you're coming from, I'm not sure if Fox will change it, just my opinions if he did.

I was a big fan of Ross Graham last season. But he needs to recapture his form from last year before I would give a start again. Think he needs a wee spell on the bench just now.

I hope he finds his form again.

Another boy with a good attitude is Sadat. He definitely has a proper striker's attitude and I think once he gets off the mark he will start scoring a few.

We are in a relegation battle for the foreseeable now. What with our poor start in the league.

Glad to see that the team cut put all the pass-back malarkey yesterday. As Luggy said 'there is no substitute for positive play'. Fox and the players appeared to have recognised this and yesterday's performance and tactics were a welcome and refreshing changes from what we have endured so far this season (AZ at home excepted)

I think we play more football when fletcher isn’t in the team. At least we stop the long ball *******s where we win 0 2nd balls. Not saying he shouldn’t play he does bring something to the team. But if midfield can continue to play like last night there is no need to by pass them. McGrath and sibbald can forge a decent pairing in the middle. Levitt is bereft of confidence at the moment but that will return.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabknight View Post
    I think we play more football when fletcher isn’t in the team. At least we stop the long ball *******s where we win 0 2nd balls. Not saying he shouldn’t play he does bring something to the team. But if midfield can continue to play like last night there is no need to by pass them. McGrath and sibbald can forge a decent pairing in the middle. Levitt is bereft of confidence at the moment but that will return.
    Levitt is a massive confidence player. I've said previously that when Tam was bigging him up in the media, he'd always go on to have a great game. If we can get a few wins under our belt and Sibbald manages to stay fit/in the team (whatevers going on with him) then hopefully we'll get to see him at his best again. Sibbald definitely allowed Levitt to play a bit more football last night.

Quote Originally Posted by the_arab View Post
    Whilst your team on paper looks better than last night why would we even consider changing 4 players after we finally win? Those players have the jerseys now and are theirs to keep until they mess up
    Hard to disagree with this. I certainly wouldn't be changing middle to front.

Quote Originally Posted by cybershed View Post
    I was a big fan of Ross Graham last season. But he needs to recapture his form from last year before I would give a start again. Think he needs a wee spell on the bench just now.

I hope he finds his form again.

Another boy with a good attitude is Sadat. He definitely has a proper striker's attitude and I think once he gets off the mark he will start scoring a few.

We are in a relegation battle for the foreseeable now. What with our poor start in the league.

Glad to see that the team cut put all the pass-back malarkey yesterday. As Luggy said 'there is no substitute for positive play'. Fox and the players appeared to have recognised this and yesterday's performance and tactics were a welcome and refreshing changes from what we have endured so far this season (AZ at home excepted)
    What I would say about the players on the bench yesterday they need to be playing reserve team football and with that a crowd in to see them play. Should not be playing them at St Andrews with no fans. Get them playing at Tannadice, where we play competitively, at home with crowds in. If away from home it should be the same at the club's actual ground, although not particularly fussed if it isn't. United though must play reserve games at Tannadice with fans being allowed to attend, in the evening preferably.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Sibbald definitely allowed Levitt to play a bit more football last night.
    aye he did mate, what a difference eh

i wouldnt change from last but with 1 exception - the keeper

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)