+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Replacing "Teflon Steve Gerrard"

Replacing "Teflon Steve Gerrard"

4 potential options for replacing “Teflon Steve” who is under the protection of Christian Purslow

1. Pochettino who had 5 very good years @ Spuds ?

2. Brendan Rodgers although why would he leave Leicester ?

3.Rafa Benitez Managed liverplop Chelsea Inter Milan Real Madrid ?

Sean Dyche Had Burnley punching above their weight for a decade ?

Hypothetically in order of preference

Pochettino

Rafa Benitez

Brendan Rodgers

Sean Dyche
    Or if we continue in this vein of form Harry ……...Potter !

Thoughts anyone ?

potter would have been a good fit... but we let him go. pochettino is my kids favourite however, i'd rather have deano back. he at least had everybody singing from the same hymn sheet and everyone from fans, players and coaches felt invested in aston villa... now we are just a stepping stone for gerrard and hes missed the next stone. truly awful.

He could be gone by Monday morning, if we loose badly to Chelsea the fans will turn against him, but it’s only a matter of time whatever Sunday’s result.

I don't think Poch would come, Thomas Frank has been mentioned today and has done well at Brentford.

Rodgers needs money and our future is sell to buy so that might not work for him?

Benitez has been at so many clubs now, is he the new Bruce/Allardyce?

Dyche - maybe the right appointment for the rest of the season, we're in a relegation battle.

Chelsea are in a fine run of form, we raise our game against the better sides where we have less possession, he will set up not to lose.

Not much choice there in my opinion, how about we stay with him and just support the club. Too many changes, this is why we are not progressing. I would give him more time at least until we stop for the WC..

Mon

Quote Originally Posted by bongosdad View Post
    Mon

I agree Freer it is getting a bit boring now

1. Pochettino... Sencible appointment
    2. Dyche... Sencible appointment but a bit boring but so was Smith.
    2. Rogers... no
    4. Raffa.. absolutely not

Smith was boring? We had some of our best moments in years under him Bong, one of our own, played some excellent football when it clicked, a class act.

10 wins on the trot, Tammy 26 goals, Jack scoring and providing at will and actually winning at Wembley......Smith was definately not boring! He will always be one of our own. A victim of the panic button that is now catching up with Gerard who, shares the worst scoring record this season!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)