+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: U23s highlights from last night

U23s highlights from last night

Thanks for posting-surely Cleary is worth a punt in the first team now, giving him a run of a few games alongside Asante?

Unbelievable that he's not in our first 11.

Both him and Faal ( I think it is? ) look better than what we have.

Cleary is horrible to play against, physical, direct, constantly getting shots away, good feet in tight paces, awareness and the nose for goal.

If we can ever get Dike fit I do think they'd be a sensation in a 4-4-2.

But of corse I'm not a EUFA qualified coach!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Unbelievable that he's not in our first 11.

Both him and Faal ( I think it is? ) look better than what we have.

Cleary is horrible to play against, physical, direct, constantly getting shots away, good feet in tight paces, awareness and the nose for goal.

If we can ever get Dike fit I do think they'd be a sensation in a 4-4-2.

But of corse I'm not a EUFA qualified coach!!!
    I am glad someone else has mentioned Faal.

Every time I see highlights of the kids Faal impresses me yet he is hardly ever mentioned.

I am not so sure that Thomas-Asante is any better than Cleary or indeed Faal. The only difference is he has reluctantly been given a chance the others havent.

That fella Cleary looks like a banger....the physical size of him.....
    That the guy that nearly didn't sign then decided to sign?
    Would have him in the 1st team in a heart beat....after the guys we have had in charge over the last few years, I'm not surprised he didn't want to sign.

He’s streets ahead at this level.

What’s the point of a development system if we won’t promote the most promising player? We’re crying out for a striker, even just on the bench.

Bruce was a cowardly manager.

Fearsome. He has to be given a chance

Quote Originally Posted by Q165 View Post
    Fearsome. He has to be given a chance
    I wonder if Ronnie Allen would’ve given a young, powerful black striker a chance?

Oh wait.........

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)