+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Anderlecht ball please read

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Dundee supporters who purchased a brick in the Bobby Cox Stand need to know what is happening to their engraved brick. A couple of months ago I heard a rumour that the bricks in the Bobby Cox and Bob Shankly Stands were to be ground down for aggregate for the new stadium.
    I also heard that this is our last season playing at Dens Park.
    My brick has been missing for over 3 years now , they took down a wall of bricks near the dens rd side of the Bobby Cox , I emailed the club and heard absolutely nothing back

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    I agree, fans won’t travel up there on a wet Tuesday night, we already have fans ready to look for refunds if kick off times are changed, I’m one of them
    Yes you’re spot on J , my daughter will also be looking for refund as same as yourself a postie working on Saturday till early afternoon

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    If that's true, and I'm not saying it isn't, then it's the beginning of the end for the club I reckon. They don't even have planning permission in for this pie in the sky stadium so next season playing in an out of town ground wouldn't be the last. At least three years from now if it was to go ahead - at least.

The fans are drifting away as it is, how many are going to make the journey to Perth to watch the garbage we're being served up on the park? I know you and I would but realistically how many others would? People are already saying on another forum that they're looking at the team selection before going to Dens, those types of people will be lost forever.
    According to the laid down rules for Planning Permission in Principle once that has been agreed the person(s) has up to three years to apply for full planning permission. I obtained this information from the West Lothian Council website as I could not find any information about it on the Dundee City Council website.
    John Nelms told us back in May 2022 that he had Planning Permission in Principle for Dark Blue Property Holdings Limited new stadium development at the former NCR Camperdown grounds which now does not appear to have been the case at that time.

If that's true, and I'm not saying it isn't, then it's the beginning of the end for the club I reckon. They don't even have planning permission in for this pie in the sky stadium so next season playing in an out of town ground wouldn't be the last. At least three years from now if it was to go ahead - at least.

The fans are drifting away as it is, how many are going to make the journey to Perth to watch the garbage we're being served up on the park? I know you and I would but realistically how many others would? People are already saying on another forum that they're looking at the team selection before going to Dens, those types of people will be lost forever.
    I fully agree with you.
    If we stop playing our home games at Dens Park I will never attend another Dundee FC game.
    I was an armchair supporter for 28 years and it would not be difficult for me to become an armchair Dundee FC supporter once again.
    Dundee FC supporters are leaving in their droves and playing home games at McDiarmid Park instead of Dens Park with no planning permission applied for the new stadium development at Campy Nou will be the final nail in the coffin for Dundee Football Club as an SPFL club.

Quote Originally Posted by num1adi View Post
    My brick has been missing for over 3 years now , they took down a wall of bricks near the dens rd side of the Bobby Cox , I emailed the club and heard absolutely nothing back
    No surprise there. Communication by the club has been hopeless for years.
    Four years ago I sent an email to the Commercial Department at Dens Park and I never received a reply.

jdfc - you’ve done your bit being involved in and running a supporters club for a long time.
    You also know DC very well, I’m sure he could ask JN on Saturday and put this to bed if it’s nonsense.
    If that is the case then it would be in everyone’s interests to say so.

Quote Originally Posted by scottg View Post
    jdfc - you’ve done your bit being involved in and running a supporters club for a long time.
    You also know DC very well, I’m sure he could ask JN on Saturday and put this to bed if it’s nonsense.
    If that is the case then it would be in everyone’s interests to say so.
    JN will probably see it as an opportunity to keep good Dees out of Dens

Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    as you will all recall (hopefully) we here purchased that ball during admin 2 to raise funds,i handed the ball over as "loaned to the club from dundee mad".

iv been thinking and was wondering the others on here's thoughts of now transferring the ball to the Dundee fc historical trust,as presently its up in a corner of the coxy

everything is documented ie proper documentation and the ins and outs of the handover will be properly recrded and the ball displayed etc at future events and on their website when it goes live shortly.

my thoughts are pass it over to the trust who will protect it and preserve it for future generations along with all the other dee memorabilia that they have that range from progs/Billy Steel scottish cap/the tartan s/a tour top etc etc etc,ps the club are fully aware and supportive of the historical trust.

would i have the agreement to do this and if so i could hand the ball over to the trusts member Jim Mitchell ?

a plus would be if the ball required protection in any way then this is something the trust could do quite easily

thoughts people and ps any questions please feel free to ask on the thread
    100% the right thing to do

Surely the current owners will simply have to foot any losses? They aren't going to build a stadium if they don't have a team to play in it? Or am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Surely the current owners will simply have to foot any losses? They aren't going to build a stadium if they don't have a team to play in it? Or am I missing something?
    It could be a hidden agenda to force us to ground share at Tannadice as a cheaper alternative to trailing up to McDiarmid Park for our home games and then force us to merge with United.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)