+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Anderlecht ball please read

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    It could be a hidden agenda to force us to ground share at Tannadice as a cheaper alternative to trailing up to McDiarmid Park for our home games and then force us to merge with United.
    Correct, at least as far as sharing with them goes but not certain about merger, however it's really not very well hidden.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Correct, at least as far as sharing with them goes but not certain about merger, however it's really not very well hidden.
    There has to be a reason that even people who are generally opposed to each other agree on this topic very easily. We're not all wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Deebunked View Post
    There has to be a reason that even people who are generally opposed to each other agree on this topic very easily. We're not all wrong.
    It's glaringly obvious that the 'new stadium' is a pipe dream and that Dens is not in the mid to long term plans and is being run into the ground. Doesn't take a genius (like me) to work out the conclusion.

End game - they move to share with the Fermers before any shovel goes in and we'll all know for certain.

How does ground sharing work? Just in principle. For example if one team is in the third division and the other team is in the first division the income streams are massively different, the numbers of supporters could be significantly different and the scheduling of the use of the pitch would be impossible, I imagine. I don't believe there is an agenda for ground sharing because of these problems. Those of you think it is going to happen perhaps might be able to explain how.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    How does ground sharing work? Just in principle. For example if one team is in the third division and the other team is in the first division the income streams are massively different, the numbers of supporters could be significantly different and the scheduling of the use of the pitch would be impossible, I imagine. I don't believe there is an agenda for ground sharing because of these problems. Those of you think it is going to happen perhaps might be able to explain how.
    Easy really. The renting club pays for the hire of the stadium on match days, presumably this will include an element for maintenance, and for all associated costs such as police and stewards etc. They let the football authorities know in advance that the clubs will be sharing and they schedule home matches on opposing Saturdays; any clashes beyond that such as cup matches are managed sensibly by the clubs.

I'd think hospitality would be provided by the home club with hire paid for the facilities required.

Remember Dundee use Gardyne as offices so wouldn't need to rent office or training space, it would be match days only.
    Last edited by Deeranged; 14-10-2022 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Easy really. The renting club pays for the hire of the stadium on match days, presumably this will include an element for maintenance, and for all associated costs such as police and stewards etc. They let the football authorities know in advance that the clubs will be sharing and they schedule home matches on opposing Saturdays; any clashes beyond that such as cup matches are managed sensibly by the clubs.

I'd think hospitality would be provided by the home club with hire paid for the facilities required.

Remember Dundee use Gardyne as offices so wouldn't need to rent office or training space, it would be match days only.
    Thanks Deeranged. Wonder if Islay or someone who knows could give an estimate what the running costs for Dens are. Suppose it was about £300k. If we had 25 home games per season that would mean a cost per game of £12k. Maybe the important figure is what St Johnstone or DUFC calculate as the cost of providing the stadium. Might want to include the treatment rooms and training facilities that we have outsourced to Gardyne?

ok folks it appears i have full backing to get the ball over to the historical trust thanks for input

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)