+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Anderlecht ball please read

The Anderlecht ball please read

as you will all recall (hopefully) we here purchased that ball during admin 2 to raise funds,i handed the ball over as "loaned to the club from dundee mad".

iv been thinking and was wondering the others on here's thoughts of now transferring the ball to the Dundee fc historical trust,as presently its up in a corner of the coxy

everything is documented ie proper documentation and the ins and outs of the handover will be properly recrded and the ball displayed etc at future events and on their website when it goes live shortly.

my thoughts are pass it over to the trust who will protect it and preserve it for future generations along with all the other dee memorabilia that they have that range from progs/Billy Steel scottish cap/the tartan s/a tour top etc etc etc,ps the club are fully aware and supportive of the historical trust.

would i have the agreement to do this and if so i could hand the ball over to the trusts member Jim Mitchell ?

a plus would be if the ball required protection in any way then this is something the trust could do quite easily

thoughts people and ps any questions please feel free to ask on the thread
    Last edited by shaded; 11-10-2022 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    as you will all recall (hopefully) we here purchased that ball during admin 2 to raise funds,i handed the ball over as "loaned to the club from dundee mad".

iv been thinking and was wondering the others on here's thoughts of now transferring the ball to the Dundee fc historical trust,as presently its up in a corner of the coxy

everything is documented ie proper documentation and the ins and outs of the handover will be properly recrded and the ball displayed etc at future events and on their website when it goes live shortly.

my thoughts are pass it over to the trust who will protect it and preserve it for future generations along with all the other dee memorabilia that they have that range from progs/Billy Steel scottish cap/the tartan s/a tour top etc etc etc,ps the club are fully aware and supportive of the historical trust.

would i have the agreement to do this and if so i could hand the ball over to the trusts member Jim Mitchell ?

a plus would be if the ball required protection in any way then this is something the trust could do quite easily

thoughts people and ps any questions please feel free to ask on the thread
    In my opinion the Anderlecht ball should be immediately handed over to Jim Mitchell of the Dundee FC Historical Trust especially as there is talk of the steel work of the Bobby Cox Stand and Bob Shankly Stand being transferred to the new stadium at Campy Nou.

It’s a definite from me, fans can enjoy this bit of history for years to come, long after Dee Mad is gone

Transfer of ownership to The Historical Trust if that’s what’s being suggested sounds like a good move to me. The setting up a HT was a great idea, I like what they are trying to achieve and have full confidence in the people involved.
    What are the immediate concerns re it’s current location ? Surely not the dismantling of the Bobby Cox Stand !

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    In my opinion the Anderlecht ball should be immediately handed over to Jim Mitchell of the Dundee FC Historical Trust especially as there is talk of the steel work of the Bobby Cox Stand and Bob Shankly Stand being transferred to the new stadium at Campy Nou.
    I reckon they'd move the ball, and all the other contents of the stand, before taking out any structural steel from the stand. Also highly unlikely that any 'Campy Nou', as you like to call it, will ever happen. Especially when Dundee fans who don't even live in the city are poised and waiting to object to any planning application.

I’ve heard a strong rumour that Dens has been bought back, and we could be playing at Perth next season due to demolition, so maybe sooner ball is sorted the better

Act as you suggest Shaded. Do it now.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post

hi Islay,whether we move out of dens or not hasna anything to do with the question but really glad for your input as to whether or not giving the ball to the HT is an option ....cheers

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Act as you suggest Shaded. Do it now.
    cheers bcram,just wanted to get the majorities view

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    It’s a definite from me, fans can enjoy this bit of history for years to come, long after Dee Mad is gone
    cheers jdfc

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)