+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Conte calls for 'Money, time and patience' - HAHAHAHAHA

Conte calls for 'Money, time and patience' - HAHAHAHAHA

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/63368417

""My only worries in this moment is we have to try to keep the fingers crossed and don't have injuries because we are not a team with such a depth of squad to face competitions like the Premier League and Champions League, but this is not something against the club," added Conte.

"For sure there are players that need to rest for two days to recover because we have players who for them this was seven games in a row and we don't have the possibility to make rotation in this moment.

"When I spoke before I always said look, we have just started the process for Tottenham to bring Tottenham into the best position to be more competitive to fight for something important, we have just started.

"For this reason we need to cope with this situation. For me it is not easy, it is not simple but we have to cope and to manage the situation with experience and stay together.""

Cross fingers? We're in 4th without ASM or Isak - HAHAHA this is hilarious.

We get pelters for spending a few quid, spuds jack masses more than us over recent years and yet we are equal to them today.

Let's see the press go after him and the club... Oh wait ... they won't!
    Last edited by Ragatino; 23-10-2022 at 11:55 PM.

I truly wish every PL club could have just 5 seasons of Mike Ashley. It would be a humbling experience for the clubs, supporters and pundits involved.
    For us it’d be good too as we wouldn’t need to listen to stuff like Conte’s just said anymore or Klopp when Liverpool would begin to spend again after 5 years of suffocation in the transfer market.
    Having said that I believe that if you've never experienced bad, then you can’t recognize good and, by God, we were good today.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    I truly wish every PL club could have just 5 seasons of Mike Ashley. It would be a humbling experience for the clubs, supporters and pundits involved.
    For us it’d be good too as we wouldn’t need to listen to stuff like Conte’s just said anymore or Klopp when Liverpool would begin to spend again after 5 years of suffocation in the transfer market.
    Having said that I believe that if you've never experienced bad, then you can’t recognize good and, by God, we were good today.
    Indeed Topz! However, one thing, NO WAY would Klopp or Conte remain at an Ashley club.

If you listen to Munich Manure fans they recon the Glazers are just like Ashley. Funny that, I don't remember Ashley spending half a billion in players over his time as owner. They are completely opposed to us and among the most hypocritical sets of a$$holes.

To be a success in football it is proven that you have to spend. Every team who has won the Prem, bar Leicester, Ar£enal (spent plenty during the days they were winning stuff, now top of the table after investing heavily) & Liverpool (2nd biggest spenders so not an exception to the rule in reality), have been the biggest spenders. Man U, Chelsea, Man City etc.

It's clear we haven't spend a fraction of those clubs to achieve our current success of being in 4th. Long may it continue!

I really like Conte and I think he's a great manager, even if his football style is defensive-minded. A great managerial character for the Premier League.

However, he always gets moody after a while when his clubs are not spending what he thinks they should, or not getting the players in that he has asked for. If Spurs don't win anything this season, and they usually never do although no ever mentions that, I'm certain he will leave.

the chips ain't gonna help that, moaning North London w-ankers. So entitled despite having won nothing in recent years.

Yeah either he'll go or will be pushed out the door by the disquiet from the fans. Levy will buckle and ship him

Aye, could see him buggering off because they haven't spent 'enough'.

What I don't know about Conte is if he's a good coach-not in terms of tactics, setting the team up, etc, but in terms of coaching players to be better.

Aye - he is coming across less happy than you'd expect from their current positions.

I mean I like the guy, he's a winner and comes across as a genuine fella.

Despite a perceived rough trot they are still 3rd.

Just the gulf before City and Arsenal (on current form) makes things look a lot more challenging.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    What I don't know about Conte is if he's a good coach-not in terms of tactics, setting the team up, etc, but in terms of coaching players to be better.
    That's a fair point. I'm not sure that he is either. He hasn't been at his clubs that long. I think of him more in terms of Mourinho in that, like Ragatino says, he's a winner and a good manager - for a while until the bubble bursts and he's out of ideas.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)