+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Var

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Good to see the club standing up for themselves and the rest of the league on this one. The entire country can see its a f*cking shambles and we shouldn't just sit back and accept it.
    Unfortunately for us, even if there is any action taken it won't change the fact that we have been totally cheated by VAR this season and it will be a huge factor in our ultimate demise. Nothing will ever make up for that and nothing will ever remove the cancer from Scottish footballs corridors of power.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    It's not VAR per se that's the issue. It's the long tradition we have in Scotland for terrible, amateur, referees.

OI! I am an amateur ref and I am blinking good... lol

The ref's that tend to progress though are young non footballers with little or no comprehension for the game, who are being asked to use their judgement to assess scenario's they cannot fully understand.

The current crop of top officials are extremely poor and up themselves.

Untouchable they think too... if you employed a mechanic, plumber, or any worker and their workmanship cannot be held up for scrutiny by the people the work affects, you would try a different worky. They need to be held accountable.

Quote Originally Posted by eastfifearabman View Post
    OI! I am an amateur ref and I am blinking good... lol

The ref's that tend to progress though are young non footballers with little or no comprehension for the game, who are being asked to use their judgement to assess scenario's they cannot fully understand.

The current crop of top officials are extremely poor and up themselves.

Untouchable they think too... if you employed a mechanic, plumber, or any worker and their workmanship cannot be held up for scrutiny by the people the work affects, you would try a different worky. They need to be held accountable.
    Ha, bet you are ****e too. 🤪 My dad's was a referee in the amateur game in Dundee and Angus for years so I probably have a (very) little insight into the issues.

An obvious improvement for me would be to make the top level referees full time professionals. At least they could then dedicate time to analysing contentious decisions in an effort to get better long term.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Ha, bet you are ****e too. 🤪 My dad's was a referee in the amateur game in Dundee and Angus for years so I probably have a (very) little insight into the issues.

An obvious improvement for me would be to make the top level referees full time professionals. At least they could then dedicate time to analysing contentious decisions in an effort to get better long term.
    "Terry Reilly" yeah....that has a certain ring to it...🤭

We should have lodged an official complaint after the Shankland penalty. That one on Saturday was a joke. All 10 outfield players should have been round the referee.
    I don't like to see that normally, but when you're being cheated by Shankland, Halliday and Main AND VAR you need to be fighting back.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    We should have lodged an official complaint after the Shankland penalty. That one on Saturday was a joke. All 10 outfield players should have been round the referee.
    I don't like to see that normally, but when you're being cheated by Shankland, Halliday and Main AND VAR you need to be fighting back.
    I don't agree that were should be hounding the referee. I fail to see what our would achieve, aside from getting the club in hot water.

The referee has made an honest mistake, I've no problem with that. What I do have an issue with is why the VAR official would look at that and think it was a penalty. It's so obviously not when you see the footage, total embarrassment.

This can't be forgotten about, it's the worst decision we've ever had against us when you have VAR there to help

Now the var official is Colin Steven, he is the same muppet ref that gave Hearts the penalty at the end of the December game and he then fails to call the ref over for what was a blatant error, it was clearcut from where I was sat, he has an agenda against Utd

Napier the ref Saturday was terrible for us earlier in the season too and he had a clear view, took time to think about it and still decided to point to the spot, why??

Human bias, need foreign refs

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    This can't be forgotten about, it's the worst decision we've ever had against us when you have VAR there to help

Now the var official is Colin Steven, he is the same muppet ref that gave Hearts the penalty at the end of the December game and he then fails to call the ref over for what was a blatant error, it was clearcut from where I was sat, he has an agenda against Utd

Napier the ref Saturday was terrible for us earlier in the season too and he had a clear view, took time to think about it and still decided to point to the spot, why??

Human bias, need foreign refs
    Like we have never been done by a foreign ref before!

If we'd hounded the ref the guy in var would have passed the buck back to the ref to make a decision. Same way Halliday made a meal of rolling about and pointing to his leg for benefit of var.

I don't think there is an agenda against us, that's old firm talk. The st Johnstone hand ball v killie at the weekend every bit as appalling as our pen on Saturday. On both occasions refs have perfect view and get it wrong, and var does nothing. Ref had a shocker at parkhead too.

Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)