+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ot - The Rugby league World cup

A connection to Barnsley playing for Inglund tomorrow ( Victor Radley ) son of Hoyland born Nigel , " apparently he was named MOM against Sam (acido) oa !!

And the losers tomorrow, get to play off against Batly & Bingly Fc lol. In a behind closed doors friendly muckabout. 😆

Well that was harder than it needed to be, as France showed some determination and we gave them a way back into the game. And Samoa should beat them as well in the next game, to go through.
    Btw our Qtr final will be against the runners up in the Tonga & P.N Guinea group.

So now the tournament reaches the all important knockout stages, and its the Qtr finals. There won't be anymore ludicrous 80 odd and 90 odd point thrashings, as they do absolutely nothing to help the game.

Australia should hammer Lebanon, and New Zealand will be tested a bit, but will surely also beat Fiji.
    Tonga against Samoa is the hardest one to predict, and we/England should be confident of beating P.N Giunea. It might be chucking it down at the weekend, and those conditions might do us a slight favour!. 🏉 👍

All the Qtr finals were predictable to be honest, and now its the Semi final weekend.
    Australia are playing New Zealand now as I type this, and we/England have a re-match tomorrow against Samoa.
    The draw has been kind to us so far, and this is a big chance for us to make it to next weeks Final.
    However, they will be a different team to the one we battered in the opening game, so fingers crossed ehh!. 🏉

Well that went well today !!!

Like I said, Samoa were going to be a completely different team to the one in the previous game, and our lot probably under estimated them.
    They've only got themselves to blame though, and I hope its hurting them, because they blew it!.
    Will we get a decent Final now, or should we just give the Aussies the damn trophy again!. 😟

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Like I said, Samoa were going to be a completely different team to the one in the previous game, and our lot probably under estimated them.
    They've only got themselves to blame though, and I hope its hurting them, because they blew it!.
    Will we get a decent Final now, or should we just give the Aussies the damn trophy again!. 😟
    bottlers again !! It's an Inglund thing , oh and the poor Women's team too !!

And so, the tournament ended today like we expected it to, another impressive win for Australia.
    And begrudgingly, I think we have to give them the credit they deserve for being a league above everybody else, in terms of quality and effort etc.
    Its not been a great tournament to be honest, because theres been too many ridiculous one sided thrashings, which does nothing to help the game.
    Maybe a 12 team WC tournament in future, because there aren't enough nations who play the game and who are good enough to compete. 🏉

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12