+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽Match thread vs. Coalville Town FC 15.10.22 [FAC-QR4]

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton_Pie View Post
    What a terrible manager
    You want to dispense with context, well two can play at that

He isn't a terrible manager Carlton Pie, nobody has come within 0.1% of suggesting that

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton_Pie View Post
    What a terrible manager to have us sat top of the league
    Nope… I think he’s a decent manager who is massively hamstrung by having a load of deadwood, second string players at his disposal.

I don’t mind being out of the cup, but that performance was worrying for me. I know it wasn’t our first choice team but literally none of the stand in players, barring maybe Austin, did themselves any favours…a terrible performance. No idea how many yards their player ran up the pitch for the third goal unchallenged either.

Not even going to start on Taylor, Francis or TAR.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    What today shows is that we’re a couple of injuries away from having the season derailed and we’re going to need plenty of luck to keep our best 16 players fit and on form every week - because the likes of Mitchell and Francis are a long way from a top-of-the-table side.

I won’t be upset if we go out at the first opportunity in the FA Trophy either (after the initial frustration at losing a game). Especially if we’re still top of the league at the time. Roll on Friday and getting back to winning ways.
    Very good post and how I see it. May even encourage LW to request a new addition in January if the current fringe/backup can't step up.

Quote Originally Posted by GranthamPie View Post
    Wow… just wow. In a season where we suffered the worst defeat in our history against the part timers of Dorking… we serve up this tripe.

Well done Notts… you’ve outdone yourselves again.

So basically, today proved that we have a second string squad of players whose natural level is two leagues below the National League?

Having only 11 players who are capable of getting us out of this league is seriously going to come back and bite us on the arse. We are fcuked if we have any injuries.
    I'm afraid that's what happens when you disrespect the opposition by fielding a load of 2nd string players. You hand all the advantage and impetus to them and when you do bring on some of your better players, the game is already gone. You then scratch your head and wonder why you lost the game? It was a BurchBall nightmare, loads of possession with absolutely no end product. Makes you wonder what will happen if, Gawd forbid, we do get some injuries, if that's all we have to rely on. For me, Taylor, Francis and Mitchell can leave tomoz, they won't be missed. As others have said, this is all on Luke, no-one else.

Couldn't agree more. An opportunity for earning extra cash, keeping up momentum and fringe players impressing. None of those 3 happened . I'm hoping it's a one-off and doesn't affect Fridays match. Any supporter who tries to gloss over this as not important really does need a reality check!
    Last edited by SwalePie; 15-10-2022 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Fixed typo

What today shows is that we’re a couple of injuries away from having the season derailed and we’re going to need plenty of luck to keep our best 16 players fit and on form every week - because the likes of Mitchell and Francis are a long way from a top-of-the-table side.

I won’t be upset if we go out at the first opportunity in the FA Trophy either (after the initial frustration at losing a game). Especially if we’re still top of the league at the time. Roll on Friday and getting back to winning ways.
    But Mitchell and Francis are in the best 16, as they are on the bench every week.

Maidstone won't be easy.

You can't just turn 'form' on or off like a tap. This result could be damaging. Let's hope it's not.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 15-10-2022 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Fixed typos

Trying to defend LW, consider if we had put the full team on from the start, won but Macca got a long term injury. Would suggest that would have been a far worse result. He needed to give some a chance to prove their value to the club and they did that, but not in a good way.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 15-10-2022 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Fixed typo

Just switched in to see the score, followed by the team we put out. While it’s disappointing to lose any game, the club are clearly saying promotion is the only thing that matters this season - hence the second-stream team we put out.

We don’t have a big-enough squad to go Sat-Tue-Sat if we have good cup runs, and clearly it isn’t good enough in depth, so we’ll just have to take this one on the chin and hope we keep the winning run going in the league.

This post is far too sensible. Tut tut.

Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast