+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽Match thread vs. Coalville Town FC 15.10.22 [FAC-QR4]

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post
    Well, I was one of those who wanted us to play a strong team. I still think the FA cup matters.

We put out Notts County reserves and got well & truly humiliated. Time will tell if this affects us in the league.
    Glad I'm not the only one who still thanks the The FA Cup matters. I get the the league is our no.1 priority but surely the chance to earn extra cash and keep our momentum going is important too. Today our second string really missed there chance but Luke also has to take some responsibility for a line up that gave the initiative to Coalville .

He/They is right to apologise.

Half decent cup runs do indeed help finances, I'll have to check the history books but I think they happen to us about once a decade.

So Austin the only positive performance from yesterday?

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post

Half decent cup runs do indeed help finances, I'll have to check the history books but I think they happen to us about once a decade.

Pretty much only Austin, although TAR and Taylor tried although we're unfit. The atmosphere was very flat which didn't help and felt more like Coalville were home team. Poor team selection, disjointed and lacked cohesion and energy. They deserved it, no fluke win but a very organised team who showed hunger desire and a devastating counter attack that carved through our midfield and weak lack lustre defence like a hot knife through very warm butter. I for one am disappointed as it's an opportunity to earn more cash, give fringe players an opportunity ( which they fully through back in our face ) and keep the winning mentality and forward momentum going. I think this very poor result may have a bigger impact than some on here think. Let's hope not. COYP.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    A typical Notts County performance against a team they think they can put 50% effort into and still come away with a win. Seen it sooooooo many times before over the years!!

One thing for sure is is Langstaff or Scott get injured we need a reliable backup. Mitchell clearly isn't the man for the job and never will be. How LW can't see this is beyond me.
    He probably does. The issue is getting someone in who will be happy to be back up but if enough quality to make a difference. Very difficult proposition

My overriding concern is our defensive frailties, particularly against teams that come and ‘park the bus’. It showed against Altrincham who, had they taken their chances, could have got something from the game.
    Our defence was truly dreadful yesterday, even with two of the regulars present. I also accept that playing three at the back, with the wing backs pushed up, puts greater responsibility on the three centre backs.
    However, I suspect more and more teams will come to Meadow Lane and put 10 men behind the ball and wait for a chance to counter.
    We need to be patient, and we need to play with intensity, but we must also be more defensively astute.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    He probably does. The issue is getting someone in who will be happy to be back up but if enough quality to make a difference. Very difficult proposition
    Exactly my thoughts

Yesterday was almost the equivalent of losing to Arnold Town… it wasn’t just a cup “upset”… it was humiliation. This was the worst result in 160 years… a new low in our history… make no mistake.

Coalville players will go back to their day jobs on Monday morning whilst we the supporters, pay these “fringe” players a bleddy good salary to play the sport they love. On yesterdays performance, most of them would struggle to get into the Coalville side… or any side that play in the Southern League Premier Central.

As previous posters have already stated… if the club are serious about promotion, they need to get rid of at least 6 of the players from yesterday starting 11 and replace with footballers who can at least play at National League level. If they don’t, I honestly cannot see how we are going to nick that automatic place and we will once again be left with the lottery of playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post

Bajrami did ok but was badly let down by those alongside him.

I said elsewhere that I wasn’t too fussed about any of the cups really…and the atmosphere yesterday suggested most of the others in attendance yesterday weren’t either….but I am concerned that this kind of result and performance can scupper the all the good work that has gone before it. I know this wasn’t our first team but it was shockingly bad and will give teams a good idea on how to beat us.

All of a sudden Fridays game has an un-needed importance and pressure in it. We need to right yesterdays showing. I think LW and Rawlo got it right in their aftermatch interviews, not too much hysteria but a recognition that it wasn’t good enough.

I suspect LW learned a lot yesterday.

Get rid of at least 6 players from yesterday? What's the plan, pay up their contracts mid-season and let them go?

With Wrexham in the league that top spot is going to be hard for any other side but we've started very well to give it a proper go and failing should hopefully finish in 2nd/3rd and with the advantages that brings in the lottery.

Quote Originally Posted by GranthamPie View Post
    Yesterday was almost the equivalent of losing to Arnold Town… it wasn’t just a cup “upset”… it was humiliation. This was the worst result in 160 years… a new low in our history… make no mistake.
    I mean it wasn’t, was it? Arnold are currently almost bottom of the 11th tier, Coalville almost top of the 7th tier. There’s as much of a gap between them is there is between us and Manchester City.

Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast