+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fa cup 1st round proper

Fa cup 1st round proper

Our press officer in the dales has clarified when this draw will take place ,
    Anyone got a preference who they would want to play ?
    Non League or League team ?
    Bury if they are still in it after playing York ? either team would be good to play ,

Needham Market away , never heard of them until today so must be really low down the pyramid .

Bound to be picked for live broadcast .

Enfield, or Caernarfon, or Bromsgrove again. Bring em on!!. 😅

Wealdstone away to meet the raider "you want sam?"

This is the stage of the FA Cup that I like the best before all the sh1thouses of the Premiership and Championship join in

All this talk of non league teams takes me back to November 2015- Altrincham 1 Barnsley 0. Midget gem Johnson took us on that losing streak in the league (6 or 7 consecutive losses) culminating in the aforementioned loss to Altrincham in the 1st round of the Cup on a cold wet day. Bottom of league 1 and out of the cup to a non league side. Didn't get much lower in my time as a fan to be honest. Who could've forseen the turnaround in fortunes after Pat Cryne brought Hammill back from oblivion the following week and we all know what happened after that. I still find it hard to believe 6 years on.

After watching the Wrexham documentary, I’d love to see us draw them if they get past Blyth in the replay.

York v Barnsley for me.

Local game and at their new stadium and we win the game late into extra time 3-4!

FC Halifax-v-Barnsley

--a c0ck stride away from aar 'arse
    --thousands of standing or seated tickets available, any Barnsley fan who wanted a ticket couid gerra ticket
    --The Shay only a short walk away from tarn centre with plentiful taverns for quaffing fine ales
    --a better than average chance of winning, The Shaymen are poor this season

OR Buxton-v-Barnsley (if Buxton win replay)
    --allus enjoyed pre-season friendlies there a few years ago

We will probably get Plymouth away.

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    After watching the Wrexham documentary, I’d love to see us draw them if they get past Blyth in the replay.
    strange fact Perky , we have never won at Wrexham and they have never won at Oakwell , dunt want a welsh club , av still bad memories of them 3 Rhyl games ,

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    FC Halifax-v-Barnsley

--a c0ck stride away from aar 'arse
    --thousands of standing or seated tickets available, any Barnsley fan who wanted a ticket couid gerra ticket
    --The Shay only a short walk away from tarn centre with plentiful taverns for quaffing fine ales
    --a better than average chance of winning, The Shaymen are poor this season

OR Buxton-v-Barnsley (if Buxton win replay)
    --allus enjoyed pre-season friendlies there a few years ago

We will probably get Plymouth away.
    is them market stalls still theer SB ? Can tha organise wun forruz !!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast