+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Gauld - Gives up hope of Scotland cap

Ryan Gauld - Gives up hope of Scotland cap

Pretty sad to hear that Gauld now expects never to get a Scotland call.

As DUFC fans we are bound to be bias, but in my opinion good enough have been given a proper chance, especially when at times we have lacked midfield creativity. No less a player than Gilmour

But I suppose will be one of those players and there are many deemed no better than what is available. The distance to travel being a possible barrier.

Quote Originally Posted by NOSCOTCAPS View Post
    Pretty sad to hear that Gauld now expects never to get a Scotland call.

As DUFC fans we are bound to be bias, but in my opinion good enough have been given a proper chance, especially when at times we have lacked midfield creativity. No less a player than Gilmour

But I suppose will be one of those players and there are many deemed no better than what is available. The distance to travel being a possible barrier.
    I really don't see how distance can be a barrier to international call ups when we have Australian international players playing in Scotland. Is it not more that the Scotland hierarchy just don't rate the league he's playing in? Strange though

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    I really don't see how distance can be a barrier to international call ups when we have Australian international players playing in Scotland. Is it not more that the Scotland hierarchy just don't rate the league he's playing in? Strange though
    Very fair point, it must be that he just isn’t rated highly enough; as he says even when playing with Farense he was overlooked then and arguably even better then. C19 aside

I have mixed feelings about this. Like most Arabs I wanted too see him develop successfully when he left us. However, his career has been a bit hit and miss. He's had his moments in the sun but he has not been able to kick on from his promising spells. I wish him nothing but the best but I don't think he will ever be considered for Scotland (unless he comes back to United ).

If he wanted Scotland call he could have moved to English championship or back to United where he would still be loved.

Moving to Vancouver hardly a step that helped challenge him during his career or get a call up

If he wants to come back to tannadice I’m sure he’d get on the board pretty quick

Well, I think the $2.265M a year will have helped him decide...

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Well, I think the $2.265M a year will have helped him decide...
    Would definitely help soothe his disappointment

He’s making the best choices for himself and his family. Good luck to him. I’d love to see him back at Tannadice but will sadly not.

$2.265M a year?

where did it all go wrong, Ryan?

Not sure if true but heard if he stays in Canada another year he can gain citizenship and play for them, maybe his plan if true?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)