+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it imminent, Gerar?

Is it imminent, Gerar?

Lots of rags this morning stating Gerard has already been sacked, Purslow is furious of the leak! I feel many of these papers are gambling and practicing Click Bait but you know what they say, no smoke without fire!

Twas that ridiculous outlet ‘Football Insider’ that announced this on Monday night, Dave. Even though a ‘stopped clock’ is right twice a day, Football Insider never is. Many outlets have followed the story, just in case, pathetic. FI specifically announced that it had already happened. They are the Daily Sport of our time. I could stand here and say Pep is leaving Citeh, every day until he does in years to come. Wouldn't make me ITK, now, would it?

It may well happen this week, if the Villa is serious, and precedent holds for anything, then he probably will be gone.

I’ll be sad if he goes this week. Sad that he failed, sad that the Villa has failed, sad that we’ve wasted another 12 months. Sad that the recruitment process has failed us again.

It’s all a load of bollox, and bollox to it all. (Dammers, 1979)

Play like we did against Chelsea and win against Fulham and Brentford, things will look very different.
    Play like we did against Leeds and Forest , win, draw or lose he could well be gone by the end of the week.
    Th next two games will dictate what happens next imo.

Fulham and Brentford are unlikely to press & dominate possession, especially away from home in Brentford's case - the onus will be on us to take the game to them. On the counter we look good at times, but otherwise we are poor - either of these teams score first and we don't win, confidence is low with just 7 goals from 10.

I guess its down to the players, they can fight like Lions to save his job or lose the game and they get rid of him for good (player power)

Its always sad loosing a manager. I was really optimistic pre season with the new signings. The squad looks all wrong too and Gerrard doesn't need to know how to get it to gel. I dont think another manager will either. How many of us know the best 11?

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledvillan View Post
    Twas that ridiculous outlet ‘Football Insider’ that announced this on Monday night, Dave. Even though a ‘stopped clock’ is right twice a day, Football Insider never is. Many outlets have followed the story, just in case, pathetic. FI specifically announced that it had already happened. They are the Daily Sport of our time. I could stand here and say Pep is leaving Citeh, every day until he does in years to come. Wouldn't make me ITK, now, would it?

It may well happen this week, if the Villa is serious, and precedent holds for anything, then he probably will be gone.

I’ll be sad if he goes this week. Sad that he failed, sad that the Villa has failed, sad that we’ve wasted another 12 months. Sad that the recruitment process has failed us again.

It’s all a load of bollox, and bollox to it all. (Dammers, 1979)
    Just to clarify, I would feel no sadness for yet another multi-millionaire, about to cash in on a multi-million-pound severance package for failing to uphold his end of a contract.

i vote for liz truss to be next manager... we've had worse!

I’m going to stick my neck out, and I know it might be foolhardy just before a couple of defining matches for him, but I want him to stay and succeed at Villa.
    Apart from the fact that, unless they are a complete disaster, I think a manager should get at least two to three years to establish themselves, SG seems to me to be a knowledgeable, talented and hardworking bloke who clearly wants to see us succeed. Given his background pedigree along with his work ethic I wouldn’t be surprised to see him become an elite manager in the future. Sure he’s still learning his managerial trade but I think we should give him every chance.
    I may be a bit soft, I didn’t want Deano to go either, but this managerial merry go round hasn’t worked for us.
    Of course I hold the right to change my opinion by the end of the evening

You know what, I think we will get done tonight, I see the away army turning on him and cries of sacked in the morning but I hope I am completely wrong. It all depends on that barn door and whether our front 2/3 can hit it....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)