+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Team for Newcastle

Quote Originally Posted by westcountryvillain View Post
    the expectations of their fans are now very high .
    Evening, lads.

Well, yes and no. Yes in the sense that we now expect that we'll give it a go and have a genuine chance of winning games we'd previously not have given ourselves a chance in. And no because at the moment, the overriding feeling is one of pride in the way the team are playing and, frankly, amazement , that we find ourselves playing some of the football we're playing and at the quality of some of the players we have in our team. After 14 years of Ashley, it's still all quite surreal.

As for Emery, he has the potential to be a very good appointment, especially if you get the Villareal version as opposed to the Arsenal one. Either way, a big upgrade on Gerrard-your performance on Saturday reflects very badly on him (and some of the players, too, tbh).

Well I'm happy Newcastle are up there, obviously I want Villa up there as well but your Manager deserves all the credit, most of the team seem to be from last year and not the mega buck signings! There is a long way to but football is changing and it's time for change! All the best for Saturday, let's hope its a great game and the best team on the day wins.

A Villa v Newcastle quiz if anyone is interested.

I score 6/10

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2022/oct...stle-united--/

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Evening, lads.

Well, yes and no. Yes in the sense that we now expect that we'll give it a go and have a genuine chance of winning games we'd previously not have given ourselves a chance in. And no because at the moment, the overriding feeling is one of pride in the way the team are playing and, frankly, amazement , that we find ourselves playing some of the football we're playing and at the quality of some of the players we have in our team. After 14 years of Ashley, it's still all quite surreal.

As for Emery, he has the potential to be a very good appointment, especially if you get the Villareal version as opposed to the Arsenal one. Either way, a big upgrade on Gerrard-your performance on Saturday reflects very badly on him (and some of the players, too, tbh).
    Evening Zippity, I agree the performance on Sunday reflects badly on Gerrard but not the players, he repeatedly went with what was not working including out of form players and tepid ponderous play. Hope it's a good game tomorrow and the best side take the spoils.

Quote Originally Posted by VillaRosie View Post
    A Villa v Newcastle quiz if anyone is interested.

I score 6/10

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2022/oct...stle-united--/

You did better than me, Rosie! 5/10

BB would be good at this one!

4/10 but to be honest i don't really care about newcastle.

I got 7/10 but could and should have done better!

7/10 also should have done better,

9/10 😎

9/10, guessed most of them, if not all. 50/50 quizzes are like that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)