+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Penalty

Penalty

Can someone explain to me why it wasn’t a penalty to us from Joelinton’s attempted header back across goal today, but it was when given against Burn a couple of games back. In both cases arm was away from the body and in both the player wasn’t looking at the ball?

Serious question. Am I missing something?

The VAR room and PL couldn't explain it never mind any of us mate. This is why the whole system is shìte, no consistency. Then they wonder why they get criticised.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Can someone explain to me why it wasn’t a penalty to us from Joelinton’s attempted header back across goal today, but it was when given against Burn a couple of games back. In both cases arm was away from the body and in both the player wasn’t looking at the ball?

Serious question. Am I missing something?
    Same as Dan Burn situation - in fact more nailed on the Burn but it's a decision against the north London rat fraud 6 club with the most interfering corrupt Director.

No we would have been screwed had we not taken our chances will and played them off the park for 70 mins.

Glad it didn't cost us points is all I can say.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    The VAR room and PL couldn't explain it never mind any of us mate. This is why the whole system is shìte, no consistency. Then they wonder why they get criticised.
    Once again I have no issue with the technology at all. I'm 100% convinced the game is better for having the technology.

What is transparently clear is the humans asked to make decisions that are the problem. Just as before VAR etc these useless muppets made horrific club damaging, multi-million £ mistakes on the pitch with no recourse or punishment these clowns now hide out in a darkened room in Stockley Park whilst continue to make inconsistent decisions.

Where else to the EPL go for Refs? It's literally a monopoly, this is anti-competitive and as they are clearly in the pocket of the Fraud 6 they need to go.

This season we've seen younger refs brought up from the Fizzy and some lad from the Aussie league (literally a bush league) to ref at the top level all because the idea is that we would have experienced ref's who's legs have gone sat in Stockley Park. Basically puppets having their strings pulled by remote muppets!

Not acceptable in the worlds greatest most valuable league. Had the 2 shocking decisions which went against us had been correctly judged and the crooks running the clock at Anfield not played unaccountable extra time we have an additional 9 points and be top, 2 points clear of the Gunners. Some of these poor decisions could cost us or other teams outside the Fraud 6 the chance to qualify for the UCL or Europa league. The money involved in these decisions is staggering and all teams in the league deserve better from our officials. Sadly I don't see it happening with the shady PGMOL organisation controlling both Refs and VAR officials.

We will never be worried by relegation again but for those teams at the bottom could be relegated and suffer massive financial losses due to the poor level of game officiation. The league bosses have brought in restrictions on club spending to stop teams going bankrupt. What about refs costing teams their financial stability by sending them down to the Fizzy? No one is talking about that! Shocking hypocrisy, yet not surprised!

Quite simply the Refs and VAR teams need to go on a course to Germany and learn how to do it properly.

Alternatively, the EPL should sever ties with the PGMOL and contract the Germans to referee our games. The PGMOL are a private company and quite frankly it's open to corruption due to it's lack of accountability.

It would be very clear that that the Germans would be impartial to all teams in the EPL.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)