+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Not all down to money

Not all down to money

Today 6 of the players that started were here before the takeover. A little stat stolen from elsewhere so can't take credit.
    Our defence cost 5m less than Harry Maguire
    Midfield cost 6m less than Cassemeiro
    The front 3 cost 5m less than Anthony.

This is down to spending wisely, originally just to catch up after years of neglect, but it's went better than expected due to the coaching team and Lord Edward Howe. Love it.

Aye, I saw that too.

Doesn't fit the blood money narrative so it's largely ignored by the 'journalists' who write their anti-Newcastle shite.

They're great stats too, though-just shows the potential for even further improvement after another couple of windows. And Eddie Howe is absolutely the man to take us where we want to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post

Doesn't fit the blood money narrative so it's largely ignored by the 'journalists' who write their anti-Newcastle shite.
    Nor people like Klippity spouting sh*te about how we (yes, Newcastle) have inflated the price of players in the market by our, er, heavy spending.

How much were VVD and Darwin again you teeth gnashing twot?

Aye, I saw that too.

They're great stats too, though-just shows the potential for even further improvement after another couple of windows. And Eddie Howe is absolutely the man to take us where we want to go.
    It's clear that they are looking for any excuse or reason why we are beating their beloved fraud 6.

We spent a net of £7 over a decade before the take over whilst EVERY OTHER TEAM IN THE PREM, including half a dozen clubs which have been relegated to the Fizzy have spent vastly more money on players. The Frauds have spent £60-80million on single players. So the press has to keep bashing us for our inevitable success. F**K them set of C**ts.

Eddie Howe has worked magic with players like Miggy, Murphy, J7 etc and made us a brilliant battling team who fight for each other, covering every blade of grass never giving an inch.

Everyone is scared of us now. Had we not been screwed by VAR and the Ref hadn't played until the Red Bin Dips scored we'd be top of the table. Let that sink in! We'd be equal on points with Arsenal with a team featuring Sean Longstaff and a squad boasting Fraser and Dummett.

Nothing to do with money, all about the manager! Eddie Howe has been an inspired signing. He's the perfect man for the job, even better than Emery, humble, determined, polite, dignified, low key excellent human being. Everything that the hard working bonny lads and lasses of Tyneside respect and admire. A polite, quiet, modest winner!

Don't those a$$holes on fleet street and their disgusting bias against us hate it.

I would take Eddie Howe over every coach in the Premier League.

I know that's a bold statement and I'm certainly not putting him on a par with Guardiola, for example...but he's absolutely the right man for us. He's the right fit and not just for this phase...I honestly think he could grow with us and become the manager for us. I think he's that good.

I would take Eddie Howe over every coach in the Premier League.

I know that's a bold statement and I'm certainly not putting him on a par with Guardiola, for example...but he's absolutely the right man for us. He's the right fit and not just for this phase...I honestly think he could grow with us and become the manager for us. I think he's that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    Today 6 of the players that started were here before the takeover. A little stat stolen from elsewhere so can't take credit.

This is down to spending wisely, originally just to catch up after years of neglect, but it's went better than expected due to the coaching team and Lord Edward Howe. Love it.
    This is a shockingly brilliant stat Geordie!

Love the way you broke that down mate.

All the pundits want to make the story that we are money bags and buying success. Tell me 1 team in Prem history that hasn't bought their success? Man U bought every title the ever won by outspending every other team. Remember Veron £48,433,825.78 +million in today's money was a total flop. I don't remember the press being outraged that the filthy swamp rats were ruining the game by distorting the transfer market with these outrageous prices!!!

We're simply operating in the market created by the fraud 6.

We're not even in their league of over spending, we're buying quality yes, but not over spending..

Oh and remember that Joelinton was purchased by our previous owner, not the current board. So we have literally only paid £35m for two of the current squad in Botman, Bruno & £60m for Isak.

Isak hasn't even featured yet. 2 or 3 appearances, bagged a couple of goals which is great.

Targett - less that £15m
    Pope - Less than £15m
    Tripz - Less than £15m
    Burn - Less than £15m
    Wood - £25m

We've also doing the right thing with our youth recruitment in signing Kuol the Aussie and that Amadou Diallo lad.

It is literally a success story that every single journo should be pointing to as the example for sustainable sensible growth. The board, Ashworth and Howe have done everything right. Eddie Howe is the best manager in the country, English or foreign. Pep himself couldn't do what Eddie has down with this squad. Pep has only managed teams packed with world class international players!

I remember them blowing smoke out the a$$ of Leicester, gushing over them like peados in mother care, yet it transpires that their business model was unsustainable. However I don't see the fervour in the press about Leicester have issues.

What about Everton? over £450milion Jizzed on players, playing Fat Sam style football and currently bang average in mid-table. Literally bending the rules of FFP using Covid exemptions to justify disproportionate losses compared to even the Fraud 6. Yet not 1 word about that in the press is there? Oh nooooo, why would they do that to Poor little Everton, the long serving Prem team who's had a financier/owners were in bed with Putin before he walked away (no doubt his money is still paying for the new stadium via some dodgy back door routes) & the other is an Iranian crook who's money is a long long LONG way from clean.

Man City - Nuff said literally the royal cousin of the PSG Qatari owners and our Saudi owners
    Liverpool - Alison £80m / VVD £70m / Nunez £85m - Shut the F**K up bin dips
    Man U - covered by Geordie above
    Chelsea - Hahahaha do I need to bother?
    Spurs - Richarlison £52 million / Yves Bissouma £26 million / Djed Spence £13 million / Christian Romero £45 million

It's all just B0llocks lads. F**k the media. We're gonna enjoy rubbing it in their faces when we start to win cups and titles. I'm gonna be happy to ram it down their throats on twitter when they start to kiss our a$$ and start speaking about us is the honey tones as they do Man City.

All the best Geordie Nation, tell London t'gan'fcuk them selz
    Last edited by Ragatino; 23-10-2022 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post

Yes. Wise spending, good management, timing. Most of these lads were here pre takeover and annoys the fk out me when cnts accuse us of buying success.

Fk that, its EH and his team, the owners, the good attitude of the players we have and the fans.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)