+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Halloween, a nightmare on Grove street

Halloween, a nightmare on Grove street

2 home games this week , first one Imps looks to be the most difficult of the 2 , Forest Green (who ) unknown to us and another team to be wary of , these so called lesser teams seem to like visiting us , they still think we are a so called bigger ex Premier Club they want to beat , in reality we are no better than any club in this 3rd Division , going to be a more difficult week than many imagined , i'd take 4 points from 6 right now ,😈☠️👽👹

Could be a decisive couple of home games even this early in the season .

It feels like that to me in any case .

I watched the last twenty minutes Lincoln v Owls and the Imps looked a very decent side.
    Expecting no more than a draw at best to be honest. The 3rd division eh !!

Way things a guin since Thomas injury we look very short on ideas to say the least. To me, the key man was Thomas for the system that we currently employ. Now the lad is out injured we surely need a rethink and a re-jig imho. In Duff we trust

2 home games to come and both opponents are below us in the league.
    If we’re to have any serious aspirations of promotion, we ought to be expecting 6 points.
    If you take into account our very recent form, I suppose 4 pts would be acceptable but we need to get established in the top six.

Quote Originally Posted by x11barnsley View Post
    2 home games to come and both opponents are below us in the league.
    If we’re to have any serious aspirations of promotion, we ought to be expecting 6 points.
    If you take into account our very recent form, I suppose 4 pts would be acceptable but we need to get established in the top six.
    I am surprised with your comment about aspirations of promotion , I did not genuinely believe that any Barnsley fan before the season began expected us to get promotion , after last years abysmal season coupled with financial problems & the fact that half the side has been moved on to try & balance the books the talk of promotion has never really entered conversation on this forum . There was a thread on here which invited people"s opinions of where we would end up this season & personally I opted for a somewhere between a 10th to 12th finish & my opinion has not altered , we have a very young squad with some decent young talent coming through the ranks but we are short of fire power & are no where near a promotion squad but I think if Duff stays he will eventually get us to something like challengers with it being more of a 2 to 3 year project more than an instant return & recent history highlights teams of decent stature have had difficulty getting back up , it took the Blades 6 years , Sunderland 4 years & Ipswich & Portsmouth for example have failed so far , this league is a graveyard for so called championship clubs & we could well be here for the long haul .

Well we certainly won't get 6 point's from these 2 home game's , not even 4pts , and God forbid we could get no points at all , Not many expected Auto's ? More likely a push for Playoffs , or top 10 finish , what it's now looking like is lower table scratting about with relegation not out of the question , not many points separating teams outside the Top 4 , some back to basics needed , a change of plan/plan's , drop Cole, playing Aitchison with Norwood would be a better option and already has been this season , Jury out now on our Management Team ? Do we need 2 assistants for Duff to work with ?,

We have said before that you can sign 20 or so players and maybe 4 or 5 will turn out to be good enough. We have brought in 11 and they are still gelling!
    Unfortunately we have now been worked out as playing one style with no plan B to switch to, so far it looks like out of the 11, Connell and probably Cundy are the only ones who look good enough!
    Edwards too slow and can’t pass, Phillips lightweight, Tedic couldn’t hit a barn door, Norwood gets no service and when he does, doesn’t do much, Phillips and Cadden just not good enough in most areas, McCarthy out for season, the jury is out on Searle and Larkeche!
    2 out of 11 and Duff hardly plays one of them!
    For me Duff needs to look at his tactics and totally change it around, go 442 for the next game and play some others, to send a message to the rest of the under performers, namely Benson, Cole and Kitching all of which were here already!
    Play Connell, Hondermarc, Jalo, Moon, Wolfe and Larkeche and let’s see if he gets a reaction.

Collins
    Williams - Cundy - Andersen - Larkeche
    Jalo - Hondermarc - Connell - Aitchison
    Norwood - Cole

Subs: Walton - Sraha - Moon - Wolfe - Benson - Dyer - Tedic

Cat among pigeons time!

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    Collins
    Williams - Cundy - Andersen - Larkeche
    Jalo - Hondermarc - Connell - Aitchison
    Norwood - Cole

Subs: Walton - Sraha - Moon - Wolfe - Benson - Dyer - Tedic

Cat among pigeons time!
    plenty of injuries amongst them player's ? , playing Moon ,Wolfe, and Dyer ? 2 of them have had good opportunities to progress further, and Dyer is probably a sentimental one , we'd all like to see him emulate his Dad , Moon gets a lot of stick , he was thrown into a Championship side and struggled , Schopp and Poya let some of these lads down , picking them to deflect attention from their own failings , Wolfe needs loaning out and taught more on field discipline , I still think Moon will be a decent league one player , we have some potential amongst the young lads , unfortunately that's all it is at present" Potential "l

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast