+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Coventry City Post Match Thoughts

Wish we would not piss about with the ball in our own half. Just get shut of the fecking thing. We have a number of players who do this.

See the post match interview on millers.co.uk has been edited to remove MTs comments on the referee.

Full interview available on BBC sounds
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0d9j3gg

Why does Harding never get slated on here.Match after match,he runs into opponents,turns attack into defence,cant pass or control a ball,missed a chance from 3 yards,and yet he barely gets any criticism.
    He is constantly our worst player but he "does give 100%".A very poor Birmingham let him go for a reason.Even his "long throw ins" are crap.

Wrote a load of spiel when i got in from the match and lost it all, so i'll just say well done Management and team, massive improvement. We was robbed and were the best team. Onward and upward

Almost 19 000 for a club near the bottom in a midweek fixture. Coventry face the same problems as we do as regards local rivals so it baffles me why our attendances are so low.

Said I’d take a draw but ffs Harding just get rid of the ball
    Outstanding Barlaser gets motm from me
    Even though we did ok I think this game needed Rathbone
    Pen? Hmm not sure about that tbh but yes we’d want it. Knew Johansson wouldn’t save it, I’m just never confident when he’s faced with a pen.
    Wiles played well and can see him getting back to what we know he can do
    Odoffin was crap imo, seen him play better than that so hopefully another player who needs it fetching out of him
    Others did alright
    Washington on the score sheet again and what a goal from Bramall let’s have more of that.

Decent point away from home
    Last edited by millertop; 26-10-2022 at 06:53 AM.

An excellent result against a side who have recently turned over Cardiff, Sheffield United and Stoke without conceding. That type of performance isn't sustainable though, backs to the wall and putting bodies on the line just leads to injuries, burnouts and frustration.

Taylor needs January to come around quickly and hopefully has the contacts to tempt some new blood.

Please wrap Barlaser up in cotton wool and hopefully Chieo will be on a mission to prove a point when he is back ( I don't think he is far off)

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    Almost 19 000 for a club near the bottom in a midweek fixture. Coventry face the same problems as we do as regards local rivals so it baffles me why our attendances are so low.
    History sota.

I really enjoyed the match from the start to about 89th minute.
    We played and passed it, we moved into space and looked like we belonged in the Championship.

The squad has more talent in it than we’ve been able to appreciate.

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    Similar maybe, but it's 20 miles to Birmingham with no one inbetween. In that distance we have Sheff Utd, Sheff Weds, Barnsley, Donny, Chesterfield.

The population of Coventry is larger, and for a lot of the Rotherham Borough population on the outskirts it's eaiser/closer to visit another club than Rotherham.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast