+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Coventry v Millers (Tues 25th October)

Coventry v Millers (Tues 25th October)

Seeing how this is only two days away and it appears Millertop has forgotten to get the post up I thought I'd do it for him

How does everyone see this panning out? Coventry seem to be getting their ducks in a row with their third consecutive win and at Stoke of all places with a 2-0 convincing win. So far in October they've taken 13 points from 18, quite impressive don't you think? In comparison we've had to deal with a new Manager coming in and it's going to take time for him to settle, review all his playing staff and find his true formation going forward so no complaints in that we've only taken 7 points from 18 it was bound to happen.

There's those shouting for Kelly to start but will Taylor do that? He's his own man as he reminds us, plus he's stubborn, again another reminder from him so we'll have to wait and see. Patience is called for all round and hopefully all will settle soon.

As for the match, a point wouldn't be a bad result and a win, looking on paper, would be brilliant. It's all about the side we put out and more importantly who's match fit! There were quite a few carrying injuries, strains, feeling unwell etc so it's all up in the air at the mo.

Time to drop Pelts/Wood and bring Hall back in? Will Lindsay's face injury have healed? If so he should be given the chance to show what he can bring to the side and it's either Rathbone/Wiles on the bench. Will this game be too early for Kioso to play, anyone heard anything?

Why not start Bola? Many permutations to contemplate.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Seeing how this is only two days away and it appears Millertop has forgotten to get the post up I thought I'd do it for him

How does everyone see this panning out? Coventry seem to be getting their ducks in a row with their third consecutive win and at Stoke of all places with a 2-0 convincing win. So far in October they've taken 13 points from 18, quite impressive don't you think? In comparison we've had to deal with a new Manager coming in and it's going to take time for him to settle, review all his playing staff and find his true formation going forward so no complaints in that we've only taken 7 points from 18 it was bound to happen.

There's those shouting for Kelly to start but will Taylor do that? He's his own man as he reminds us, plus he's stubborn, again another reminder from him so we'll have to wait and see. Patience is called for all round and hopefully all will settle soon.

As for the match, a point wouldn't be a bad result and a win, looking on paper, would be brilliant. It's all about the side we put out and more importantly who's match fit! There were quite a few carrying injuries, strains, feeling unwell etc so it's all up in the air at the mo.

Time to drop Pelts/Wood and bring Hall back in? Will Lindsay's face injury have healed? If so he should be given the chance to show what he can bring to the side and it's either Rathbone/Wiles on the bench. Will this game be too early for Kioso to play, anyone heard anything?

Why not start Bola? Many permutations to contemplate.
    Bola has only just started training again, maybe not quite ready yet, but certainly worth trying when he's considered fit. Didn't look a big guy sat with Cheio near me.

Eaves - no

This isn’t a scapegoat thing just a thought that his inclusion draws the other players into “ lump it” mode.

Wood and Peltier, another no if both picked, one will do. Wood for me

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    Bola has only just started training again, maybe not quite ready yet, but certainly worth trying when he's considered fit. Didn't look a big guy sat with Cheio near me.
    AvondaleMiller, where were you Saturday pal? I was sitting on table 31, not literally though 😄.

Tolaji is actually a small framed young man. His shirt I have from sponsoring him last season, is only a medium size. On the pitch players look really big but up close they’re nothing like.

Still think this lad has a lot offer, it’s down to Taylor to give him a run then make a decision on him.

AvondaleMiller, where were you Saturday pal? I was sitting on table 31, not literally though 😄.

Tolaji is actually a small framed young man. His shirt I have from sponsoring him last season, is only a medium size. On the pitch players look really big but up close they’re nothing like.

Still think this lad has a lot offer, it’s down to Taylor to give him a run then make a decision on him.

Brin I can't have Bola he was a league 1 low wage Warney signing. Didn't show anything last season no chance he will in the championship.

Thought I’d leave it for another poster to put up.

I’m waiting for something to happen (we never seem to get to the bloody place) so not getting excited until I’m physically sat there

Not be an easy game and I’d take a draw now but in Taylor I trust

Come onnnnnnnn

Officials
    ANDY DAVIES
    Sam Lewis and Geoffrey Liddle
    Fourth Official : Darren Bond
    Last edited by millertop; 24-10-2022 at 08:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Thought I’d leave it for another poster to put up.

I’m waiting for something to happen (we never seem to get to the bloody place) so not getting excited until I’m physically sat there

Not be an easy game and I’d take a draw now but in Taylor I trust

Come onnnnnnnn

Officials
    ANDY DAVIES
    Sam Lewis and Geoffrey Liddle
    Fourth Official : Darren Bond
    Millertop, I’m going down with the supporters club coach. How are you getting there?

AvondaleMiller, where were you Saturday pal? I was sitting on table 31, not literally though ��.

Didn’t realise Bola played at NYS in the England under 17 team against Germany

England: 1 Jared Thompson (Chelsea), 2 Dujon Sterling (Chelsea), 3 Jaden Brown (Tottenham Hotspur), 4 Marcus Agyei-Tabi (Arsenal), 5 Trevoh Chalobah (Chelsea) (c), 6 Tolaji Bola (Arsenal), 7 Jonathan Leko (West Bromwich Albion), 8 Dennis Adeniran (Fulham), 9 Niall Ennis (Wolverhampton Wanderers), 10 Mason Mount (Chelsea), 11 Samuel Shashoua (Tottenham Hotspur)

Substitutes: 15 Keanan Bennetts (Tottenham Hotspur) for Shashoua 64, 14 Callum Slattery (Southampton) for Adeniran 75.
    Subs not used: 12 Jordan Williams (Huddersfield Town), 16 Mackenzie Heaney (Newcastle United), 17 Martell Taylor-Crossdale (Chelsea).

Goals: Mount 6, Ennis 25

Millertop, I’m going down with the supporters club coach. How are you getting there?
    Car and hopefully not mine but it’ll be straight there more or less so hopefully traffic is good and I actually see start of game
    Last edited by millertop; 24-10-2022 at 10:07 AM.

Lindsay could be back, wiles and Rathbone injury concern after Saturday, maybe add Cuffy to that
    Can’t see Bola being ready and Ogbene won’t be

Ffs we need this winter break by looks

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast