+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Coventry City Post Match Thoughts

Coventry City Post Match Thoughts

Isn't it funny how when you say "I'll take a point" before a ball is kicked and you end up getting that point it can feel like a loss? I suppose that game is typical of the high, low, high, low swings of emotion associated with being a football fan. Whether through his hand being forced or a simple desire to change things up (most likely a mixture of the two) MT showed us another starting line up and we almost came away with an invaluable 3 points at the start of a difficult run. Still it's one more point towards our goal, one more place up the table and we're still in the top half.

Thoughts?

A brilliant battling performance against the form team in the League. Can we finally dispel this myth that Bramhall is not worth his place. The width and pace he adds are fundamental to our ability to get forward and create attacking opportunities. I'm afraid Wes has that mistake in him every game. It's a coaching thing - don't try fancy stuff in dangerous areas - full stop!

Dan Barlaser - immense performance and my MoM.

Well done Matty - I'm appreciating your style of play and your never say die attitude!

Onwards and upwards!!

Disappointing end but a good point.

I like the brave team selections and use of the wider squad

A massive thumbs up for Matty T and the lads.Well done to the fans who went down with their support.

Liked the formation. Will get us a few points away from home.
    Still need a few players to keep the squad depth as again tonight it shows our lack of depth nice to see Linsey back and fighting

We need the speedsters back for the home games. Defenders at any level don't like pace and with cuffy, bramhall and ogbene in the team it makes sides sit back

Two polite teams. First half Coventry thought they would give us a helping hand by playing (presumably) below par given their recent results.

In return we helped them with their first goal. After that it got more interesting.

Disappointed to have conceded in injury time but pleased that we picked ourselves up after Saturdays debacle.
    Nice to see us continue to push forward after they equalised, something that would not have happened under our previous manager.
    Take the positives from tonight into Saturdays game at Cardiff and hopefully get our 2nd away win of the season.
    To be 11th in the league at this stage of the season is a great achievement.
    Hopefully Jon Hill will work his magic on the training ground and bring out the best in all of our players.
    UTM!

Tbh I Think it was a decent game. I'm sure Most mm will be happy with the performance. Maybe one or 2 telling us wood should tplay and Harding is better on the left,. Throw in bramhall as being no good and peltier who imo was close to pushing barlaser for motm.

I slaughtered peltier after saturday and i stick to that criticisim of him for that game, he was excellent tonight and I think others are right it is Peltier or Wood but not both. Bramall has great pace, but that looked like a bad hamstring again, seems to be a weakness of his, he played well and very pleased for him. Lindsay was brilliant when he came on, Odiffin didn't help his case tonight, they walked through us when he was on and so happy he got a yellow because we needed him to go off, I think he is the right type of player when we have an extra man in the middle of the park. I love the fact we tried to win even after their first goal, Barlasar is a class act two more assists, god help us if he goes or gets injured. Wiles did ok, but he gives the ball away too much, they need to sort that with him. Washington scores a nice goal and then with a simple chance to clear for before their second goal he loses possession and they get a very soft penalty. Nice to see that Humphreys can play on the right and McCart looked solid and calm when he came on. Eaves was better but kelly looks like the experienced championship players and Eaves looks like the lad from Irish league. What was Harding doing for their first goal, needs to stop thinking he is Thiago Silva. I think that was a very good solid championship away performance and a good point, well done to MT we also seem to have been coaching throw-ins, send warne a video. The Coventry commentators on iFollow have to be the most bias I have ever heard, he moaned at Rotherham for having a drink when the 6 subs were done, when the Coventry players were also getting a drink. He slagged us off all game, very unprofessional. very happy with that by the millers tonight, also to our fans well done

Great point on the road and from wireless commentary sounded like a good hard working performance from the lads. It does feel a bit of a kick in teeth to concede a pen in injury time, but then again Ronnie Moore reckons our second was miles offside so I suppose it evened out in the end.

Still, a good response after Saturdays loss, a game like that can really knock confidence so good on MT, the staff and the lads for getting right back into it and performing well

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast