+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Motherwell at Home

Motherwell at Home

Massive match without any easy matches before the split - we NEED points in this one

Could adapt the recent formation to give Fletch a run out

3-4-1-2

Erikson

L Smith Edwards. Graham

Freeman. Levitt. Sibbald. Behich

McGrath

Watt Fletcher

That has to be the front three for me. McGrath is wasted out wide. Has consistently done his best work as a no.10 in the past, so let's play him there. 100%.

Back three simply has to be this as well. Nothing else will suffice with the players available. Will be raging if we continue with McMann as the left centre half.

Sibbald and Behich are on sticky wickets in the midfield. Unfortunately we are lacking in wing back replacements. Plenty of central midfield options though.

Same team as last two home games for me, give that line up a chance to make it 3 wins in a row at home

If it works great, stick to that for home games just now and look to tweak things on the road

That almost identical lineup has had a chance the last three games and failed. It's time to freshen things up and reward those who have been waiting on the bench. That's why we have a squad of players.

If we lineup with the same three at the back after the consistent failings of the defence in the last few games, along with the fact the manager publicly stated we lack height at the back, then I give up.

I'm not sure that the personnel is the problem, we just appear to be a bit less hungry than the oppo. You can perm any 11 from 22 but whichever starting XI gets picked we really need to dig a bit deeper. There seems to be a wee malaise hanging over us but could its cause be off-field issues? You know the 'happy dressing room' effect - I think ours justifies our league position.

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Massive match without any easy matches before the split - we NEED points in this one

Could adapt the recent formation to give Fletch a run out

3-4-1-2

Erikson

L Smith Edwards. Graham

Freeman. Levitt. Sibbald. Behich

McGrath

Watt Fletcher
    im up for this with exception of the keeper, need to give the instagram liker anther chance as the finn is pish

monotone, lack of enthusiasm liam moaned about lack of height with CB's, except we havent really been laying CB's so Graham has to come in

Hopefully Levitt is fit and sibbald is ok to play

McGrath needs to start there too, as the arab says, wasted out wide, we can all see that

2 up top for me too, need to go for it

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    That almost identical lineup has had a chance the last three games and failed. It's time to freshen things up and reward those who have been waiting on the bench. That's why we have a squad of players.

If we lineup with the same three at the back after the consistent failings of the defence in the last few games, along with the fact the manager publicly stated we lack height at the back, then I give up.
    100% agree. If Graham starts on the bench we have a huge problem. Agree also about McGrath being played central. It reminds me that we bought Watt and played him out wide when it's obvious he's a foil for a CF and needs to be played more central. Plays more central, starts scoring goals, surprise surprise as Cilla would say.

I'm totally scunnered because if the fans can see these obvious choices you have to wonder what's going through these coaches minds.

Oh aye and let's play Levitt deep as well, where he can't affect the game.

Scunnered. #in pursuit of being unscunnered.

--------------Keeper--------------

Freeman--Edwards---Graham--McMann

-----------------Sibbald-------------------

Middleton---------------------------Behich

-----------------McGrath-------------------

-----------Fletcher------Watt--------------

We have to go back to hitting the byeline and thumping the ball in hard and low. Cut it back from time to time like Watt against Aberdeen. No more of this "whipping it in" from the 18-yard line which is bread and butter for the opposition keeper and more like floated in imo. Can anyone find out when the team lined up without both Smith and Harkes in the starting lineup?

On the news tonight Fox is saying he is looking forward to the January window. All that is wrong with modern football, fans to watch players that could be moved on or helped by new additions yet we have these windows. If Djoum is anything to go by I'm dreading what might be bought on the credit card.

Birighitti starts. Watt and Fletcher also, hopefully a 2 up front and not Watt wide.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Birighitti starts. Watt and Fletcher also, hopefully a 2 up front and not Watt wide.
    Fox went on about no height and leaves Graham on bench so either he's not fit or doing bad in training so why still on bench . Down south so can't be at game but hopefully 3 points

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)