+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Motherwell at Home

Quote Originally Posted by Bannons boots View Post
    Totally agree. We are done for. Sending off was a joke but we actually looked a bit better when we were down to 10. After watching that today surely the owner must be demanding some answers as to how our club is easily the worst in the league & prob heading down again if something pretty dramatic doesnt happen. Complete lack of urgency, little or no fight & absolute silence from players on the park. Our captain is not playing well but worse is showing no interest in geeing up or driving the team on. We are pitiful all over the park & successive managers have lacked the ability to be able to change games in any way at all.Its utter madness we gave a 2 year deal to Fox. People running the club are wasting huge amounts of money making decisions like that. A lot of our supporters would not want many of St. Mirrens, St.Johnstones or other 'lesser' clubs players in our team but I think its time we gave up any pretence of being a 'footballing' team & stopped paying over the odds wages to lightweight charlatans who think they have made it & in reality offer nothing. Time to toughen up with a back to basics style of player that at least make us difficult to beat. We are soft as ****e
    Sums things up perfectly.
    Our back 5 and keeper are championship level. We have some quality players in Sibbald, McGrath, Levitt, Watt and Fletcher, but no thought has gone into how they would fit into a formation or game plan.
    We are rudderless on and off the park.

Quote Originally Posted by spikeontheright View Post
    Our back 5 and keeper are championship level. We have some quality players in Sibbald, McGrath, Levitt, Watt and Fletcher, but no thought has gone into how they would fit into a formation or game plan.
    I take the point about game plan and formation, but I also think you are overestimating our strikers. Maybe I'm being a bit harsh on Fletcher, but between him, Watt and Middleton, there isn't much pace or goals, they aren't very effective for me. We could have played all day today and not scored. Speaking of which, how could ref only add 3 mins injury time?

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    I take the point about game plan and formation, but I also think you are overestimating our strikers. Maybe I'm being a bit harsh on Fletcher, but between him, Watt and Middleton, there isn't much pace or goals, they aren't very effective for me. We could have played all day today and not scored. Speaking of which, how could ref only add 3 mins injury time?
    I’ve noticed this

Refs seem to give us the bare minimum - opposite when we are ahead

At ibrox we had a corner and still a minute left and they blew for full time

Quote Originally Posted by spikeontheright View Post
    Fletcher has shown no quality for us. ☹️

RED ALERT. NAE looking good,

The goal conceded was strange. Ball straight to him but dives below ball and then not enough power.

The sending off was even worse.

Motherwell player jumps in the way and then play acts.

Var shows an image to ref that is not even when the players are in contact.

The whole thing is a disgrace - makes a mockery of football

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I'm not sure why Ericsson was dropped to be honest. He's not been brilliant by any means but I wouldn't say he's cost us a goal yet.
    ^^^This^^^

Both keepers are ****ing ****e. Said at the start of the season that we will be relegated if these two remain our keepers for the rest of the season. I stand by that.

Keepers, VAR and inbred ****wits aside (sorry the ref).

There is no spirit guts or leadership on the park. Whenever there is a decision against then there should be 11 pleayers around the official screaming and making his life rank. the subbies should be all over the 4th cnut and they should be fearful of coming to Tannadice.

Quote Originally Posted by bannon_ftd_83 View Post
    Both keepers are ****ing ****e. Said at the start of the season that we will be relegated if these two remain our keepers for the rest of the season. I stand by that.
    It would help us greatly if we picked the one who has shown he can keep the ball out of the net though. From what I have seen of the two, Ericsson is the better at the thing we need the most.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)