+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Out of contact players, who to keep

Out of contact players, who to keep

It's getting to the time when MT is looking to discuss new deals for the out of contract players. Johansson, Wiles Barlaser, Ogbene, Harding and Ferguson are all in their final year and big decisions will be required.

The Tiser says that MT has plans if new terms are rejected. Personally, I think that we should prioritise who we think can regularly deliver in the Championship. Make them the best possible offer. Much depends on how much the board are willing to back MT.

Personally, given that from what I have seen, we have two players of the above players who are a class above the rest in this division. They are Viktor and Dan who have been so consistent. I would make them my priority and offer them a more that we did Smith and Icky. Ben may have an extension to his contract, but for me he needs to improve.

Just my opinion, but I would be interested in what others think.

Wood Peltier Ferguson release. Victor Harding Barlaser Chieo offer new deals. Wiles we have an option to extend his contract for another season but we can test the water with him re. a new contract.

Is Vickers on his last year as well ?

Could end up losing both of the best pair of keepers we've had in a long time.

As for the others tend to agree with Gru

The Viking and Dan most definitely. Chieo and Wes if they want to. Woody and/or Peltier coaching roles? Ferguson - not sure how old he is now and what his personal future ambition is

Quote Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post
    The Viking and Dan most definitely. Chieo and Wes if they want to. Woody and/or Peltier coaching roles? Ferguson - not sure how old he is now and what his personal future ambition is
    sawmiller, Fergie's 31 so I suppose if you want a fast winger he's running out of time and steam. I will say though, he's been a brilliant player for us but in all honesty I would release him at the end of the season. He will easily be picked up in the lower leagues, that's if he's interested in continuing to play.

End up with ferguson maybe harding.

Rest will go to teams who can pay more.

We need to go as far as we possibly can to keep the quality we have at this club.We were prepared to go with bigger contracts for the two that went over to the darker side,so we should go that bit further to keep these much better players here.

Either sign the "best offer we can" or put them up for sale in Jan...

I think all 3 keepers contracts are up in June 2023. As mentioned. Wood, peltier fergy can walk. If MT wanted a defensive coach then prob keep wood.
    Barlazer, ogbene and Viktor need to be retained. Not at any cost but on a fair/reasonable wage. If they don't accept then ok, we look elsewhere.
    Harding and wiles are valuable players for us when they are on form and both can play various positions. Keep em both if they accept a wage SIM to what they are getting atm

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    Either sign the "best offer we can" or put them up for sale in Jan...
    Will earn more money staying in the championship with them leaving on a free

We can't compete with sheff wed nevermind for example Cardiff Blackburn etc

Unless we are comfy mid table than I agree

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast