+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: So the scenario

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    As I said - moot point but again it points to a lack of clarity from the top of our club.
    Lack of clarity?

The first plans had two, the most recently revealed had one. It's just changed, on this point they're clear. Stupid, but clear

Quote Originally Posted by Deebunked View Post
    Lack of clarity?

The first plans had two, the most recently revealed had one. It's just changed, on this point they're clear. Stupid, but clear
    At the Pre Application Notice meeting at the Landmark Hotel on 26th September 2022 it was stated that the plan is for all supporters buses to leave the car parks at Campy Nou after the end of the game before people sitting in their cars are allowed to leave.
    If correct then I can only assume that this is to try to avoid Away supporters buses being caught up in the carnage of up to 862 cars all trying to leave the stadium car parks at the same time along the only exit road out of the stadium which is currently the service road for the Ice Rink, Cinema and Premier Inn hotel.
    I also heard someone say at the Landmark Hotel PAN meeting that there were no spaces allocated for Away supporters in the Campy Nou car parks so it will either be on a ‘first come first served’ allocation or Away supporters will be directed to park their cars in nearby streets.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    At the Pre Application Notice meeting at the Landmark Hotel on 26th September 2022 it was stated that the plan is for all supporters buses to leave the car parks at Campy Nou after the end of the game before people sitting in their cars are allowed to leave.
    If correct then I can only assume that this is to try to avoid Away supporters buses being caught up in the carnage of up to 862 cars all trying to leave the stadium car parks at the same time along the only exit road out of the stadium which is currently the service road for the Ice Rink, Cinema and Premier Inn hotel.
    I also heard someone say at the Landmark Hotel PAN meeting that there were no spaces allocated for Away supporters in the Campy Nou car parks so it will either be on a ‘first come first served’ allocation or Away supporters will be directed to park their cars in nearby streets.
    That's exactly what they said. Also no answer to how everyone else meant to get there, park, get picked up, whatever.

That's exactly what they said. Also no answer to how everyone else meant to get there, park, get picked up, whatever.
    John Nelms stated last March that DBPH had employed consultants to work on this project and liaise with Dundee City Council.
    These consultants should have the answer the questions about accessing the Campy Nou car parks from the A90 Kingsway before the game and leaving the same stadium car parks after the game by a different single exit road.

That's the 5 year old plan. The new improved version is the same but with only one entry and one egress.
    The five year old plan was to the use the original main entrance to the NCR Camperdown factory for both the entry road and exit road from the stadium car parks onto the A90 Kingsway.
    The exit road was to feed onto the slip road for the Camperdown roundabout from the A90 Kingsway.
    In my opinion the Campy Nou site would be ideal for a ‘state of the art’ training centre similar to one Crystal Palace built at the cost of £20 million or a Crematorium surrounded by trees similar in style to Perth Crematorium which opened in 1962.

Personally, I’ve no great affinity with Dens. Had some brilliant times there over the last 40 years, but also endured some absolute pish, so in the interests of progress I’d be comfortable with moving to a new stadium.

The specific detail surrounding this new stadium is difficult to come by though, and that’s got to be a worry.

As has been mentioned many times, the prospect of giving up our home when there’s no tangible alternative is suicidal, and that’s why, somehow, we as a support have to reel these clueless c unts Nelms and Keyes in, and make them lay out their intentions, including specific timescales, in detail, or we won’t have a club to support imo.

I don’t have the answers, but if the fans were to try to buy Dens, I’d happily make a significant contribution, because a crumbling home is better than no home at all.

Quote Originally Posted by DerryRhumba72 View Post
    Personally, I’ve no great affinity with Dens. Had some brilliant times there over the last 40 years, but also endured some absolute pish, so in the interests of progress I’d be comfortable with moving to a new stadium.

The specific detail surrounding this new stadium is difficult to come by though, and that’s got to be a worry.

As has been mentioned many times, the prospect of giving up our home when there’s no tangible alternative is suicidal, and that’s why, somehow, we as a support have to reel these clueless c unts Nelms and Keyes in, and make them lay out their intentions, including specific timescales, in detail, or we won’t have a club to support imo.

I don’t have the answers, but if the fans were to try to buy Dens, I’d happily make a significant contribution, because a crumbling home is better than no home at all.
    If it's already in American hands it's already too late.

I have a hunch things are gonna happen pretty quickly in the summer (except signed off planning permission).

Think I'll try and get the hoses as a souvenir.

Think we need to find a way of persuading the Americans that buying Dens is a good idea and then persuade them to try to find new investors to take us forward. That would let them develop their Camperdown project without the need for a football stadium and give them more ground to provide facilitites that DCC actually would like.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    If it's already in American hands it's already too late.

I have a hunch things are gonna happen pretty quickly in the summer (except signed off planning permission).

Think I'll try and get the hoses as a souvenir.
    I previously heard that the hoses were used to wash down the seats to keep them clean.
    That had certainly not been happening in the Main Stand judging by the amount of bird **** on the seats when I helped clean them on 26th and 27th July before the start of the first home league game of this season.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Think we need to find a way of persuading the Americans that buying Dens is a good idea and then persuade them to try to find new investors to take us forward. That would let them develop their Camperdown project without the need for a football stadium and give them more ground to provide facilitites that DCC actually would like.
    I agree that we need to persuade FPS to buy Dens Park.
    They could then build a new ‘state of the art’ training facility which could be let out to sports teams throughout the Dundee area.
    I think that building a new crematorium next to a busy dual carriageway is a non starter especially as a new crematorium opened close to St Andrews in June 2022.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)