+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: OT What Is The First Thing.....

OT What Is The First Thing.....

.....you think of when you see this pic? Me, it was being travel sick into a bag.

Name:  FfdW3wdXEAIvPaz.jpg
Views: 477
Size:  28.6 KB

Just looking at them seats makes me nauseous.

Night trips back from Bridlington, Scarborough and Filey on a coach as my grandad was a National Coach driver all of his life.

Singalongs with all the old folks and the smell of stale urine.

I remember going originally to Grange over Sands with my Nan and Grandad and feeling really sick. When we got there my Nan refused to get off the coach as she said it looks like a graveyard for old people. So my Grandad paid the driver a bit extra to let us carry on with the others to Windermere. That was a bridge too far for me and as the coach pulled up on to the car park, it jerked to a stop and I promptly threw up everywhere. For the return journey home my Nan made me sit on newspaper as she said that stops you feeling sick. So I did and I was fine going home. From then on as a kid I sat on newspaper. Of course as I got older I realised it was the placebo effect but i was never sick again on a coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Joy_Division View Post
    I remember going originally to Grange over Sands with my Nan and Grandad and feeling really sick. When we got there my Nan refused to get off the coach as she said it looks like a graveyard for old people. So my Grandad paid the driver a bit extra to let us carry on with the others to Windermere. That was a bridge too far for me and as the coach pulled up on to the car park, it jerked to a stop and I promptly threw up everywhere. For the return journey home my Nan made me sit on newspaper as she said that stops you feeling sick. So I did and I was fine going home. From then on as a kid I sat on newspaper. Of course as I got older I realised it was the placebo effect but i was never sick again on a coach.
    I used to get car sick and my Nan told me the newspaper trick and it worked for me as well!

I believe the chemicals in the print actually gave off a settling aroma from what I was told.

The only downside was having “Rapist at Large” imprinted on my a r s e whilst walking around seaside towns!

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    .....you think of when you see this pic? Me, it was being travel sick into a bag.

Name:  FfdW3wdXEAIvPaz.jpg
Views: 477
Size:  28.6 KB

Just looking at them seats makes me nauseous.
    If it was a Sealandair coach ( will we get there)

Millwall away, windows bricked in at the old den !

It also reminded me of the school trips whan at junior school. Trentham Gardens, Jodrell Bank, Dudley Zoo etc. Mind ya I can still recall the smell of cigarettes in the upholstery and thinking im gonna be sick.

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    It also reminded me of the school trips whan at junior school. Trentham Gardens, Jodrell Bank, Dudley Zoo etc. Mind ya I can still recall the smell of cigarettes in the upholstery and thinking im gonna be sick.
    Memories of a girl at our school who used to take on “all comers” or should I say, “all cummers” on the back seat on long school trips.

From 13 onwards she’d spend her trip being filled up.

30 years later she became a neighbour 🤣

I never went there by the way!

Forest Green Rovers supporters bus to Oakwell yesterday .

Bless em .

Wow, haven’t seen those seats for a few years, I normally ended up with an old Fruit Pastel gluing my school trousers to them!

Remember these on the back?

Name:  AE456EBC-DF14-4628-8388-17EA292441BE.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  27.6 KB

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)