+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How to fix soulless Oakwell

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Thad ev planning issues blocking the leet on the row of 'arses across the street from the West Stand. BFC would need to buy up all the 'arses and the former school site.
    If BFC were the Royal family they could just throw them out like they did with the Highland "clearances" removing crofters to build places like Balmoral and create vast hunting estate areas with remote hunting lodges.
    I’ve actually thought about that.
    The west stand area narrows towards the Ponty.
    So IMO the club should buy the old school ground and divert the road into the school ground to allow the area of the ground to be brought out at that corner.

In the early mid nineties , the club sought to buy them house's on Grove St , there value at the time was between 40 and 50k each , the owners of these properties quite rightly increased their prices to around 90/95k each , I'm not sure how many houses there is behind the West/North stand , maybe 10 ? On today's market value I would imagine they would probably sell for a minimum 150k each (a lot of money ) being as we "allegedly " are skint , I can't see that happening , as for the Old Grove St School , the site is owned by the Council , it's an opportunity for Club and Council to work together on this (maybe) already being 50% owner's of the ground , the problem then is the part of the board who don't have a share in the Ground , would they be happy ?

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    I’ve actually thought about that.
    The west stand area narrows towards the Ponty.
    So IMO the club should buy the old school ground and divert the road into the school ground to allow the area of the ground to be brought out at that corner.
    Compulsory Purchace , " whose house is it anyway " Howard Brother's , Rose Cottage , watch on youtube funny but sad,

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Compulsory Purchace , " whose house is it anyway " Howard Brother's , Rose Cottage , watch on youtube funny but sad,
    Gerrin weshtub

Quote Originally Posted by yorkshireborn View Post
    Singing, if i wanted to sing id join a choir.
    Chanting, nah ive come to watch a football match but ill cheer them on.
    Drum, anyone banging a drum near me at a match would soon be wearing it.
    North stand, we dont have enough fans to go in north stand ground would look even emptier.
    Im really glad somebody else has posted that as well, because I just don't get the weird obsession with singing. And look at how much it helped Oldham, yeah its made them 10 times better hasn't it, the Conference lol.
    As SB suggested, this is all getting too American now, they will be wanting cheerleaders next, and Oakwell will be hosting the Euro singing and dancing compos. Where does it all end!. 😴

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Gerrin weshtub
    Gorruz orn hens 🐓 gorruz orn 🥚 " wat moor do wi want " bugga off , thi fatha wud bi ashamed onthi,,,,,,

Wendy fan? Far from it.
    My website does go onto NewsNow website, something i have worked hard to achieve as it goes to a much wider audience and they only publish articles of a good quality which I am proud they think my work is. All my articles are posted on there, not just this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Eeerrrrmmm 🤔
    NO.
    But yes regarding the stadium.
    Not only does the West Stand need knocking down - but so does the North Stand.
    Personally I would like to see the West Stand of similar height to the Ponty and connected to the Ponty - but a middle level of boxes and television facilities.

For the North Stand it does need to be more flexible in how it can be used ie partitioned so areas can be used for home fans.

As for the atmosphere.
    It’s reliant on one thing - WINNING.
    And winning regularly.
    But there is the small matter of negativity.
    There can’t be many supporters in the country that are more negative than Barnsley fans.
    Only to look on here and the BBS to realise that.
    But is there any wonder !?!?!
    Marched to the top of the hill and marched back down again.
    If ever there was a club that’s never realised its potential then that club is Barnsley.
    I remember coming away from the ground many a time in the early 70s when we'd lost. My grandad had 2 main comments. 1. They don't want to go up and 2. They'll be playing Hoyland Town Jags soon on the Forge. Negativity has always been there Nudge; I think it's a Barnsley thing

Quote Originally Posted by manc_tyke View Post
    Wendy fan? Far from it.
    My website does go onto NewsNow website, something i have worked hard to achieve as it goes to a much wider audience and they only publish articles of a good quality which I am proud they think my work is. All my articles are posted on there, not just this one.
    Good for you Manc. So long as articles are balanced I don't see any reason why ideas/ comment shouldn't be published.

Quote Originally Posted by Arblasterfromthepast View Post
    Good for you Manc. So long as articles are balanced I don't see any reason why ideas/ comment shouldn't be published.
    Speaking generally Arbs and not just about Manc, is there always a need for articles to be "balanced" ?

I often find the articles/ posts that generate most interest are those that passionately put forward a particular view rather than the view being watered down all the time with "on the other hand" type comments.

Say wot tha thinks.

It's then up to others to challenge that view or agree with it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast