+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dundee FC

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Dare i suggest that particular poster might well have a different accent to the rest of us Dundee fans - perhaps he would spell colour as color?
    Are you suggesting that this poster comes from across the pond.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Are you suggesting that this poster comes from across the pond.
    Well, it's all just a bit overly sycophantic isn't it? Give them what they want, accept all they do and shut up about it

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Well, it's all just a bit overly sycophantic isn't it? Give them what they want, accept all they do and shut up about it
    In my opinion there is no point waiting until it is too late before complaining about things.

Complaining is good when something has gone wrong and there is a remedy that can be used to make things right. I don't think there is anything that can fix the relationship with the Americans. Getting the stadium built is so fraught with questions that I worry it will not have a transforamtive effect. On the other hand investing in a team for Bowyer might be much better. Think we need to perdsuade our owners that if they want the stadium project to be a success, they firstly have to get a promotion winning team set up in January.

I think some actions, like boosting Dee4life membership and starting a "Fighting Fund" mightalso be worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Complaining is good when something has gone wrong and there is a remedy that can be used to make things right. I don't think there is anything that can fix the relationship with the Americans. Getting the stadium built is so fraught with questions that I worry it will not have a transforamtive effect. On the other hand investing in a team for Bowyer might be much better. Think we need to perdsuade our owners that if they want the stadium project to be a success, they firstly have to get a promotion winning team set up in January.

I think some actions, like boosting Dee4life membership and starting a "Fighting Fund" mightalso be worthwhile.
    Hope this dosent come over the wrong way.....but ......correct on relationship with Americans (well Nelms) its irretrievable now, broken beyond the point of repair.

The stadium will not be transformative for the football club ( it may work out ok but transformative...nah) it could be transformative for the "invertors" or "gamblers".....one in particular.

The owners have made up their mind the stadium projects success or failure is at best very loosely intertwined with DFC success or as I suspect they really think the football club is an annoying distraction .......mind their may be another football club quite willing to rent a shiny new stadium if it's built.

Dens is either in or as good as in American hands.......do people have the will/stomach/fight for a fighting fund?.....I'm no sure.

I want Dee for life to press press and press some more for answers that probably won't be forthcoming but Nelms is getting far too easy a ride. I think Dee 4 life is the best route for getting answers but it's an unenviable task.......but I think they should now be a complete pain in Nelms Texan ass.

Question - will he respect any entrenched rights held by D4L by way of their Class A shareholding. That in my view is what needs to be asked, the answer will tell you a lot about his intentions and whether or not the worst fears of the supporters are justified.

Quote Originally Posted by scottg View Post
    Question - will he respect any entrenched rights held by D4L by way of their Class A shareholding. That in my view is what needs to be asked, the answer will tell you a lot about his intentions and whether or not the worst fears of the supporters are justified.
    The answer I suspect you know Scott is nae ****ing chance......should not stop the question being asked though.

The buying and razing Dens before anything has started at campy dosent just show disrespect for the A Shares......it shows utter contempt.

But follow me follow me......says the pyed Piper.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Hope this dosent come over the wrong way.....but ......correct on relationship with Americans (well Nelms) its irretrievable now, broken beyond the point of repair.

The stadium will not be transformative for the football club ( it may work out ok but transformative...nah) it could be transformative for the "invertors" or "gamblers".....one in particular.

The owners have made up their mind the stadium projects success or failure is at best very loosely intertwined with DFC success or as I suspect they really think the football club is an annoying distraction .......mind their may be another football club quite willing to rent a shiny new stadium if it's built.

Dens is either in or as good as in American hands.......do people have the will/stomach/fight for a fighting fund?.....I'm no sure.

I want Dee for life to press press and press some more for answers that probably won't be forthcoming but Nelms is getting far too easy a ride. I think Dee 4 life is the best route for getting answers but it's an unenviable task.......but I think they should now be a complete pain in Nelms Texan ass.
    I think that a ‘Fighting Fund’ or ‘Rainy Day Fund’ could be a success.
    The 1893 Foundation raised £125,000 in its first year despite a lot of Dundee supporters including myself refusing to join it because we did not know what the money donated to the 1893 Foundation was earmarked to be spent on.
    Other clubs like Ayr United and Aberdeen state that money raised through their respective AU 500 and AberDNA fundraising schemes will be used to increase the Manager’s football playing budget.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)