+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fans' Forum This Evening to be Live Streamed [03.11.22]

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton_Pie View Post
    Who was that John bloke asking multiple questions?

Cringe
    John Wilmott. Hucknall councillor on Ashfield District Council and Notts CC.
    His reputation is…wind bag, turn up for a photo or a free sandwich and generally get away with talking a lot and doing nothing!
    I’ve fallen asleep in council meetings listening to him more times than I care to remember!
    His babbling and stumbling aren’t due to age. He’s been like that for fecking years.
    Boring doesn’t come close!
    Regardless of political affiliations, he loves the sound of his own voice!

Really insightful evening. We all pretty much knew what we had with the owners before tonight. Just confirmed it.
    But thought Williams was superb. Answered passionately, with immense details and showed why he probably won the interview.
    You can see the type of manager he is just by listening to his answers tonight.
    He’s not just a safe pair of hands, he’s a person that could take us a lot higher if we can keep hold long enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    A very interesting listen. The Reedtz brothers were as expected, calm, composed, sensible and rational. Luke Williams was excellent, I thought Burchnall handled these sessions well but Williams was next level. His enthusiasm and passion shone through, and his answers couldn't have been better if they had been scripted. He has a big future in the game, I just hope it's with us for a good while longer.
    It seems as if Luke is prepared to stay here for the long term the way he spoke. He didn't have to say what he said and he certainly wants to work in the environment that he now is in where everyone is singing off the same hymn sheet. Let's hope he can do a Sirrel (without the leaving/coming back bit) and take us steadily up a league or two.

He addressed one issue I'm concerned about, being the ability to maintain the current intensity as the season draws on.

A bit worried now how the current economic* situation will affect gates and finances. And of course how long the fans will retain their current enthusiasm if promotion is achieved in the next couple fo season.

But all in all we've moved a step forward from Ardley to Burchnall to Williams whilst building and tweaking a footballing identity that we've not had for too many season.

COYP.

Cringe
    That was the one lowlight of the evening. At least the bloke who appeared to want to tell us he was an expert in PA systems kept it brief, John just seemed to love the sound of his own voice.

Caught a good 45 mins odd, LW very interesting and appears very committed to Notts. Really like the Bros answer to where we will be in 5 years, no guarantees League wise as you just can’t predict the unpredictables. They want to improve the club and specifically the recruitment, which lets face it is the key to everything, on and off the pitch. They're obviously very intelligent but also very introverted which is quite common, we’ve come a long way since the previous incumbent. I think that was also backed by what LW said, some clubs have one great season then fall to bits the next season as the structure and people aren’t right.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 04-11-2022 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Fixed typo

Cringe
    I thought it was Norman Collier

I thought the media bloke did a good job reigning him in at the end, when he did start prattling, amongst other things, about kids in magpie costumes having a race. Righto you've had your say, now STFU.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    It seems as if Luke is prepared to stay here for the long term the way he spoke. He didn't have to say what he said and he certainly wants to work in the environment that he now is in where everyone is singing off the same hymn sheet. Let's hope he can do a Sirrel (without the leaving/coming back bit) and take us steadily up a league or two.

He addressed one issue I'm concerned about, being the ability to maintain the current intensity as the season draws on.

A bit worried now how the current economic* situation will affect gates and finances. And of course how long the fans will retain their current enthusiasm if promotion is achieved in the next couple fo season.

But all in all we've moved a step forward from Ardley to Burchnall to Williams whilst building and tweaking a footballing identity that we've not had for too many season.

COYP.
    How did he address the intensity issue? The one luxury Ardley had in his first season down here was the ability to refresh the first XI by rotating three or four players and not noticeably weakening the team. We don't have that now, even though the players presumably do a lot more pressing during a game.

The weather could mess things up, as could games being postponed due to teams' involvement in the FA Trophy on a Saturday (hopefully not us). But as it stands, we've got one midweek game a month until April, which should make things manageable.

He said, attack them relentlessly and then learn to put your foot on the ball, slow down and manage the game, hopefully when you've destroyed the opposition.

I like listening to him; I think they may have unearthed a pretty decent coach.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    He said, attack them relentlessly and then learn to put your foot on the ball, slow down and manage the game, hopefully when you've destroyed the opposition.

I like listening to him; I think they may have unearthed a pretty decent coach.
    More than decent I’d say. He held the room superbly and was quite captivating at times. Watched a bit back last night and that doesn’t really come across on camera. Both he and IB are clearly intelligent football people (although I’d say LW wins there too) but this guy is proper. Gets people. Leader. Left very impressed.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast