+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ot don't get ripped off with leccy

Ot don't get ripped off with leccy

I'M 570 in front, told my direct debit was going to rise daft money. They are getting interest on my money. So cancelled my dd and will pay what I use. Fk them

If you have smart meter and you don't pay they can switch you to "pay as you go" at a higher rate.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/co...pay-as-you-go/

With British Gas you can change your DD amount online but they do periodic reviews and might put it back up again.
    Last edited by great_fire; 03-11-2022 at 11:42 PM.

I got an email telling me that my gas usage had gone up by 52% lat month from the month before.

It’s amazing what happens when you put your heating on 😂

and did you know, a typical microwave oven uses more electricity keeping its digital clock on standby than it does heating food.

I always turn mine off at the mains when i've finished using it, it's only a clock playing to itself so why leave it on?

Same with my oven, that also gets turned off at the main socket when finished with.
    Last edited by Brin; 04-11-2022 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post

Same with my oven, that also gets turned off at the main socket when finished with.
    So you have 00:00 flashing all the time? And how do you use the timer?

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    In the world of Brin 😆

Name:  DD004B9C-E5EE-4CC9-A88F-E7418F4246CC.jpg
Views: 701
Size:  8.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    and did you know, a typical microwave oven uses more electricity keeping its digital clock on standby than it does heating food.

I always turn mine off at the mains when i've finished using it, it's only a clock playing to itself so why leave it on?

This used to be the case, but any appliance from the last 15ish years will barely use any standby power since a load of laws were changed around the world in the early 00s limiting standby power to 1w and then 0.5w max.

So you're probably just wasting your time turning them on and off unless they're old! It's shocking how much power some older devices can use though.
    Last edited by John2; 04-11-2022 at 02:55 PM.

The watt, as a unit of power has a capital W

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    The watt, as a unit of power has a capital W
    It's also an anagram of what some might call a pedant

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    It’s turned off at the socket pudding head, nowt’s flashing cos nowt’s powered up. Simply turn it back on when I need it, 10 seconds to reset a clock.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast