+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Ot don't get ripped off with leccy

This thread seems to be generating a lot of heat and quite a few insulting remarks including some from our mods. Pity we can't top up the national grid with it

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    This would seem to depend on the source of your statistics. Quite a few analyses I have seen recently claim that the UK does in fact have the highest electricity prices in Europe.
    It was from an EU Web page. They give data for domestic and non domestic prices.

I expect though the values are different day on day and are quickly out of date

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Correct

Republic of Ireland, Germany, Belgium and Italy all have domestic electricity prices higher than the UK
    I think US is probably one of the lowest. Looks like we pay 10.5c/kWh (9p) for electricity and $1.20/therm (£1.00) for natural gas. Monthly winter bill around $150 (£125) for a 3000 sq ft house.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I think US is probably one of the lowest. Looks like we pay 10.5c/kWh (9p) for electricity and $1.20/therm (£1.00) for natural gas. Monthly winter bill around $150 (£125) for a 3000 sq ft house.
    More investment in nuclear, wave, onshore wind and fracking would bring down prices here.

However the price of super glue would rocket as nutjobs glue themselves to motorways

Ok gas & electrics bad enough but those fecking standing charges are a rip off.£40 for one month.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Ok gas & electrics bad enough but those fecking standing charges are a rip off.£40 for one month.
    £29 for mine m8 via octopus

This would seem to depend on the source of your statistics. Quite a few analyses I have seen recently claim that the UK does in fact have the highest electricity prices in Europe.
    The one I saw, we were highest and Ireland second highest.

But prices may have gone up in places like Germany due to their previous dependence on Russia.

This thread seems to be generating a lot of heat and quite a few insulting remarks including some from our mods. Pity we can't top up the national grid with it
    ??? Insulting remarks from Mods?

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    More investment in nuclear, wave, onshore wind and fracking would bring down prices here.

However the price of super glue would rocket as nutjobs glue themselves to motorways
    Those people who glue themselves to motorways are funded by Sunak's old boss.

The way the police treat these protestors compared to others shows they have establishment support. The things they're calling for are things the government are going to give us anyway, just not immediately like they want.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Those people who glue themselves to motorways are funded by Sunak's old boss.

The way the police treat these protestors compared to others shows they have establishment support. The things they're calling for are things the government are going to give us anyway, just not immediately like they want.
    No, they are just ****s.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast