+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New shirt sponsors

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    Attachment 22824

Nice touch until the New Year.
    its been on the cards for sometime now , if no major sponsor came forward Weston Park and Barnsley Hospice were always likely to feature on the Shirt , good publicity for both charities IMO, but neither are sponsors are they ,.Publicity for BFC Boardroom to improve their image 🤔

Who's decision was it to charge £5 extra on top of the £48 (overpriced) polyester red top cost price around £4/5 to have the hospice logo printed on making the shirt £53 (£5 which will be sent to the hospice ) why not have a good old Xmas Sale , most sport clubs / shops/ retail do , slash prices and donate that money instead of constantly wanting fans to keep paying up , perhaps they don't know about Foodbanks, cost of living crisis etc etc ,?,makes me sick,

Tha can't fault Barnsley FC linking themselves with and promoting Barnsley Hospice.

Why is the only way of effectively donating through BFC is to pay £5 to ev the logo printed on existing or new shirts ? I hope a ground collection through to New Year or another more direct way of contributing is established through the club. If not I will pay £5 to the Hospice directly.

When "Together Red" was announced in a fanfare of spin by Ahmad as a replacement for the Hex fiasco it was said organisations/ local businesses would take turns in sponsoring the team shirts every few weeks in "bite size" chunks of sponsorship. Clearly none have come forward( as Poggy has said).

Is that Liz Truss in the photo ?
    Last edited by SBRed48; 05-11-2022 at 06:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Tha can't fault Barnsley FC linking themselves with and promoting Barnsley Hospice.

Why is the only way of effectively donating through BFC is to pay £5 to ev the logo printed on existing or new shirts ? I hope a ground collection through to New Year or another more direct way of contributing is established through the club. If not I will pay £5 to the Hospice directly.

When "Together Red" was announced in a fanfare of spin by Ahmad as a replacement for the Hex fiasco it was said organisations/ local businesses would take turns in sponsoring the team shirts every few weeks in "bite size" chunks of sponsorship. Clearly none have come forward( as Poggy has said).

Is that Liz Truss in the photo ?
    1,It's clearly an attempt to sell more shirts,2 Photoshoot opportunity for Khaled to be seen handing over a cheque for ******£ to Barnsley Hospice from the club , playing with emotions of many fan's who have had or currently have friends or relatives using the Hospice , Barnsley Folk are well known for their help and generosity , and some will pay the extra fiver after all , that's fair enough , good luck to them and all things Barnsley Hospice ♥,
    Caring Community Club mi arse !
    It looks like Liz , is that fella Sean ( barman ) off Corrie , mek a nice couple !

I think it was around 2015 when I did the the three yorkshire peaks challenge with the Reds in the Community group & all the money raised was for the Barnsley Hospice , it was a great experience & actually changed my life somewhat , I had never been up a mountain before & I have since taken up trecking/hiking & have been up Scarfel Pike, Snowden & Ben Nevis as well as lots of local hill & fell walks with daily walking now being part of my life , so actually getting involved with a fund raiser for the Hospice has had a profound affect on me & all of my personal fund raisers are for the hospice so I welcome the publicity the shirt sponsorship might bring to the cause .

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    I think it was around 2015 when I did the the three yorkshire peaks challenge with the Reds in the Community group & all the money raised was for the Barnsley Hospice , it was a great experience & actually changed my life somewhat , I had never been up a mountain before & I have since taken up trecking/hiking & have been up Scarfel Pike, Snowden & Ben Nevis as well as lots of local hill & fell walks with daily walking now being part of my life , so actually getting involved with a fund raiser for the Hospice has had a profound affect on me & all of my personal fund raisers are for the hospice so I welcome the publicity the shirt sponsorship might bring to the cause .
    well done Shads and credit to you and your fellow fundraisers , BH and WP mean a lot to me too , I've arranged charity golf days a few times since the early 2000s , I did the July 100 mile challenge in 2021 and help raise around 44k in total between us , I did the challenge again this year which to be honest was a struggle , it took me from July 1st to mid September to complete , amazingly 37 or so miles were completed in and around hospital corridors going for scans, tests, treatments and consultations, amount raised in total was considerably less than the previous year around 27k I think (understandably) with the economic crisis , I'm hoping to help them again next year , as I mentioned earlier these 2 charities are not only close to my heart but to many who live in and around our town also , ♥

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    well done Shads and credit to you and your fellow fundraisers , BH and WP mean a lot to me too , I've arranged charity golf days a few times since the early 2000s , I did the July 100 mile challenge in 2021 and help raise around 44k in total between us , I did the challenge again this year which to be honest was a struggle , it took me from July 1st to mid September to complete , amazingly 37 or so miles were completed in and around hospital corridors going for scans, tests, treatments and consultations, amount raised in total was considerably less than the previous year around 27k I think (understandably) with the economic crisis , I'm hoping to help them again next year , as I mentioned earlier these 2 charities are not only close to my heart but to many who live in and around our town also , ♥
    Credit to you Roma fantastic effort especially under your circumstances , I think apart from the obvious good it does for the charities etc it is also good for yourself to get involved , it gives you a purpose & is good for your own health & well being .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12