+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Norwich City Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    He had to be forced to change things BigLad? So you are saying that MT really should have made those substitutions in the first half? I don't understand what your point is? At the time Washington got injured we were playing well and were also well in the game even though we were a goal down. Georgie wasn't on long enough to make any impact when he got injured, and Chieo is only just coming back from injury so MT was trying to nurse him back so he doesn't break down again and ended up having to be thrown on way earlier than he should have been, so I really dont get your obvious disappointment of the changes MT had to make? UTM
    Im saying he was forced to change the formation rather than to do it proactively a blind man could see that what we were doing in the 3511 formation was not working and that is the problem. Untill the change to 442 after the first 10 minutes we were well under the cosh and creating very little but once we changed to 442 we were more in the game and could have scored a couple if not more. Very worrying that a manager is unable to be proactive.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Was going to post same Ronners
    I don’t like to argue too much with others opinions has we all see things differently but he just doesn’t make any sense at all

How often do teams make changes in first half u less absolutely necessary?
    The better managers make those little changes and that is why they are the better managers and for me our manager is not good enough at making those changes when they are needed
    Last edited by BigLadonOS; 06-11-2022 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    The better managers make those little changes and that is why they are the better managers and for me our manager is not good enough at making those changes when they are needed
    Actually before our enforced first change I was expecting the Norwich manager to do exactly that. Our starting system and theirs resulted in us outnumbering them in midfield. In the end our changes did the Norwich managers job for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    best joke post of the year, I thought it was April 1st again.

Our squad is heavily depleted, the amount of games we have had in such a short time, will always hit the smaller clubs, that don't have the depth in their first team squad and don't normally have the quality in the youth system to cover for that. This world cup is a joke, money men making money for themselves, I hope it is a huge disaster. For taylor to have us playing the way we are with so many injuries is wonderful, people can quote Warnes win rate etc all they want, but we look like a team that wants to play football now. PW is gone and I still think he left us after a bad transfer window (eaves isn't fit to play with my lad in our garden), I know others don't agree, so lets move on. MT is intelligent, and a calm influence, he needs the WC rest and two Transfer Windows before he can be properly judged, I think if he is backed in january he will get us enough points to stay up, we will need luck and for officials to do their job properly. I like the extra man in midfield and Wiles further forward, that formation has promise, Wiles movement for his chance in the 2nd half was first rate, remember the quality of players we are up against. barlasar has to be one of the best midfielders in this league, he gets better every game. I know i slaughtered peltier before and for that I was wrong, he is a good squad player and has the experience we will need. lets also remember that Kioso and Lindsay are not match fit, Washington, Hall and NC have all been carrying knocks for weeks, Wood is 37 year old and is amazing for that age at this level (The Norwich commentators were very disrespectful to Wood yesterday, they showed a complete lack of professionalism). Those players are giving everything for us and the club, we should be very proud of them, and the poster i replied to should think about the bigger picture and realise we have the basis of a good footballing team and just need to prune the crop and buy well.
    I said I cant fault the players or did you miss that bit out just so you could have a dig at my remark about MT? MT is not good enough at this stage in his career. IMHO he needs to be more proactive and more aggresive in his formations but what do I know.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    But, but, but apparently he has a coaching badge and in his world that makes his knowledge far superior to the last two professional football managers we've had at the club.
    I can't work out whether that makes him deluded or just plain arrogant but apparently he knows best......after the event.
    Yawn!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Actually before our enforced first change I was expecting the Norwich manager to do exactly that. Our starting system and theirs resulted in us outnumbering them in midfield. In the end our changes did the Norwich managers job for him.
    Again that is my point Grist, a change to 442 with Wiles at the top of a diomand 442 in midfield would have given us more chance of keeping that pressure on Norwich but yet again MT missed a trick and we went backwards because of it.

Again that is my point Grist, a change to 442 with Wiles at the top of a diomand 442 in midfield would have given us more chance of keeping that pressure on Norwich but yet again MT missed a trick and we went backwards because of it.
    Yep, maybe, but who would your back 4 have been?

So in the little time MT has been here you have decided this ??
    You should sue your brains for lack of support.
    Nobody can be that stupid surely.
    The coaching badges I would suggest are made up.

4-4-2 we weren't playing with full backs or wingers till Chieo went on the right. 3 midfielders Barlaser Rathbone Lindsay Wiles in front of them. Never more than one up front. Was 3-5-1-1 we were playing. Victor last 2 games opponents winning goals he could have done better. Bramall I said he played alot better at Burnley so he's got shirt wide left. If a player changes my mind showing improvement I'll say.

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    So in the little time MT has been here you have decided this ??
    You should sue your brains for lack of support.
    Nobody can be that stupid surely.
    The coaching badges I would suggest are made up.
    Yet Mr “plan A only” Warne turned out to be one of our longest serving managers

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast