+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sheff U v Rotherham Tues 8th KO 7:45pm

With Rotherham's injuries, gru might get his wish of Vickers playing, but
    as a outfield player.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    With Rotherham's injuries, gru might get his wish of Vickers playing, but
    as a outfield player.

McCart would do me! I'd give Vickers a run in the side cause then he'll know any slip-ups & there's a keeper whose done well ready to step in! If Hull could play tomorrow I'd play him central in the back 3. Harding on the right. McCart on the left. If McCart isn't fit Harding on the left Peltier on the right. If Hull can't play got to hope Hall is fit.

Quote Originally Posted by almostsignedmaradona View Post

The day before the match was postponed it was nearing a sell out for us too.
    The ticket office told me that over 31,000 tickets had already been sold.

Once postponed probably 3K wanted refunds, however in the last few days tickets sales have been going well
    and it's getting closer to a home sell out again.....altho we aren't allowed to sell tickets on the Kop, so I expect the attendance to be 30K ish.

We have 3 players are are miles too good for the Championship and will be in the PL very soon, regardless of whether we are promoted or not.
    Our players to watch are

Berge: Stylish midfield (but he's twisted his knee and out injured until Jan23).

Ahmedhodzic: A central defender who has it all, very comfortable on the ball, good passer, can dribble, good pace.
    We have given him the role of getting forward when ever there's a chance and it suits him so well.
    Hard to believe that a central defender could be such an effective attacking threat.

N'Diaye: All the players says he's comfortably the most talented player at the club. An attacking midfielder who is destined for big things, very quick feet, excellent dribbler and able to do tricks and flicks that really catch the eye. Worth the admission price just to see some of his skills.
    Also works hard and has an eye for goal.

Regards the match we know this will be a tough game, so unlike other clubs we certainly won't be underestimating Rotherham.
    Think first goal is key, if you score 1st then you can defend in numbers and make it very tough.

My prediction 2-1 Blades win but it wouldn't be a massive surprise if it's a 1-1 draw.
    It will be a massive surprise if it’s a 1-1 draw! I’m going 3-0.......and that’s only half time. I’m going for a straight 5-0 win not because we’re pants, were far from that but the injury list for us is far too much to deal with what you’re lot have to offer at the moment.

No disgrace, we just move on and regroup after Luton on Saturday. We take the month out to get players fit and raring to go, then we’ll show that we are more than capable of staying in the championship.
    Last edited by CAMiller; 07-11-2022 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    It will be a massive surprise if it’s a 1-1 draw! I’m going 3-0.......and that’s only half time. I’m going for a straight 5-0 win not because we’re pants, were far from that but the injury list for us is far too much to deal with what you’re lot have to offer at the moment.

No disgrace, we just move on and regroup after Luton on Saturday. We take the month out to get players fit and raring to go, then we’ll show that we are more than capable of staying in the championship.
    Play a few kids and fringe players, keep the key players for Luton, I think we can get something there not sure we will get anything at Sheff United even with a first 11. It is a gamble and i am sure MT won't do it, but they could beat us 6-0 tomorrow if we went and grabbed a 1-0 win on Saturday
    Last edited by CAMiller; 07-11-2022 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    Play a few kids and fringe players, keep the key players for Luton, I think we can get something there not sure we will get anything at Sheff United even with a first 11. It is a gamble and i am sure MT won't do it, but they could beat us 6-0 tomorrow if we went and grabbed a 1-0 win on Saturday
    I was thinking same save certain players for the Luton game but we have sold out the away end so those fans will want to see the strongest side we can put out.
    Last edited by CAMiller; 07-11-2022 at 04:33 PM.

You two should meet up.

What an insight you provide.

Brilliant. Keep it up.

I have a lot of respect for the Millers and even though it looks like they are struggling to name a full fit squad i've watched Football and the BLADES in particular to take anything for granted,especially local derbies. When teams have come to BDBL this season to have a go(play attacking football) we've normally won and won easily for the most part,it's when teams come and sit back is when we've tended to struggle and i expect the Millers with all their injuries to sit back but they could be dangerous on the break with the pace of Ogbene and Bramall. Obviously i hope we win but after our game i genuinely wish the Millers well. UTB

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    I have a lot of respect for the Millers and even though it looks like they are struggling to name a full fit squad i've watched Football and the BLADES in particular to take anything for granted,especially local derbies. When teams have come to BDBL this season to have a go(play attacking football) we've normally won and won easily for the most part,it's when teams come and sit back is when we've tended to struggle and i expect the Millers with all their injuries to sit back but they could be dangerous on the break with the pace of Ogbene and Bramall. Obviously i hope we win but after our game i genuinely wish the Millers well. UTB
    I also have massive respect for Rotherham fans. I was born in Sheffield but went to Whitehill infants and Junior school near Brinsworth so I always thought I should support my home team of Rotherham United but all the family are from Sheffield, so my uncles used to take me to Hillsboro and Bramall Lane in the mid 70's. Became a very easy decision to support the Blades. When I was 10 we moved to Sheffield and I've been there ever since but still have a soft spot for the Millers. Even went to a couple of your league matches when you played at the Don Valley stadium, that was a terrible venue for football.

Regards the match, agree with Rod. When teams come to attack then we can thrash them
    However the number of times I've seen teams sit back packing out their defence and we've really struggled.
    This is what I expect Rotherham to do, defend and make it tough, then try to hit us on the break, our defenders have a weakness when stood on the half way line not needing to defend for long periods then being caught out by the long ball or fast break (a bit like your 2nd against Burnley). As I said if Rotherham score first then it could be a long night of struggle for an equaliser.
    However if we score first, then RU should open up, then if we get a 2nd the game could be over and we go on for a big win.
    Note: We always seem to score most of our goals when kicking against the Kop, which tends to be 2nd half.
    Last edited by almostsignedmaradona; 07-11-2022 at 05:09 PM.

Hall Kelly out next two games. Washington looks like he's out tomorrow at least. Peltier will have to play central in defence Wood needs time out. Chieo up front.

If we get a point tomorrow it will be a sensational result. Blades best team in the league by a country mile.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast