+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: MillersMad Matchthread - Sheff U v The Millers

Ref will say not enough contact to force him down but why would Wiles take a dive with such a clear opportunity to shoot?

I like how Peltier (who does need to be very careful) was saying ‘well book him then if it’s not a foul’, totally agree. It can still be a dive even if there’s contact. But I reckon those get given as a penalty 8 times out of 10

Quote Originally Posted by PerigordMiller View Post
    For me, not much contact there
    But there was contact, and outside the box it's a free kick all day long.

Tough for the ref as it wasn't a huge touch but given the clear goalscoring opportunity if he was able to stay on his feet you think they should give those.

It’s have been given if it was them 🤬

Nothing daft first 10 - 15mins of the second half will be crucial.

Live it looked a cert pen, but on replay I think I agree. Not sure Wilesy had the ball fully under control.

A great performance. Ok, they look under par, but we have looked assured in all areas.

When you're lining up a shot and get nudged in back to put you off balance, what can you do but go down as you can't get the shot in

Quote Originally Posted by CHAPELMILLER View Post
    Exactly the same as the wood challenge at Coventry. Wiles has no need to go down. Penalty all day long if that's mcburnie going down at the kop end.
    If its not a pen then he has to book wiles for diving! Disgraceful decision again!
    TBH the Wood challenge at Cov wasn't a penalty for me either.

Either way, the worrying thing is with the cards so far, this ref is a homer.

Much better tonight and a well thought out formation and tactics. We have to keep going in the 2nd half now and a cert pen from what I saw

Opinions certainly split on that. If that was given against us I wouldn't have any complaints. When the ref gives them a dubious pen in the 2nd half, I guess I will have bloody complaints!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast