+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ot - The story of the Hacienda

ot - The story of the Hacienda

On BBC I player now , absolutely brilliant documentary on the legendary Manchester club .

Absolutely engrossing animal, I just attended at the very last end of it which I feel blessed for, wish I was born 5 years earlier tho!
    A musical, cultural shift which was a pleasure to see. Neck and spine tingling with the occasional tear I’m not embarrassed to admit watching this

Quote Originally Posted by Dingle council View Post
    Absolutely engrossing animal, I just attended at the very last end of it which I feel blessed for, wish I was born 5 years earlier tho!
    A musical, cultural shift which was a pleasure to see. Neck and spine tingling with the occasional tear I’m not embarrassed to admit watching this
    Superb viewing Dingle , give me a time machine I want to go back .

Never knew early Madonna played there , in front of less than a hundred people .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    On BBC I player now , absolutely brilliant documentary on the legendary Manchester club .
    Going to catch up with this later Animal , we used to go to Manchester regularly (northern soul) never been to that venue though ,

Always fancied going to the Hacienda but I was a bit too old plus the fact I dance like a giraffe on ice but loved the music of that era.
    Just watched the documentary and we’ll worth a watch for anybody that hasn’t seen it.

Great watch that Animal. Really interesting and enjoyable

Just watched it, seen similar documentaries before and this one really does hit the nail on the head not just what was happening in the city but what was going on in the country politically with unemployment and a government who was intent on destroying the working classes. The bit about the government reaction to acid house parties says it all.

You had a club culture that was all about beer and fighting at 2am, yet the Hacienda created a club scene where the opposite happened, yes drugs were a huge part of that but no one kicked off at the huge raves in the 90`s.

I missed the hayday of the hacienda by a couple of years, i left school in 90 but still managed to get there at the end. Still felt the movement across the city even as a 14 year old in 88.

The music of that era has stuck with me and that is pretty much all i play to this day. A superb watch.

I watched it tonight, never got the chance to go there but wish I would have! Loved that era that will never be matched…..I loved the fact that Madonna was performing in front of less than 100 people and they didn’t like her because she was miming! Northerners do not like fakes.

Went in the late 80s, very dodgy back then but great memories

Finally got to watch this documentary , interesting but not for me , preferred the late 60s and 70s club scene in and around various northern town's ( northern, motown, soul music ) would be my choice all day long ,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast