+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: SSB- Match Thread

Quote Originally Posted by the_arab View Post
    that angle shows birighittis hand, the ball but doesnt show you the aberdeen players foot when they all come together. There is an angle which shows it and its actually the aberdeen player who touches it, not birighiti
    You boys brothers or the same person??

After watching a number of replays, I'm still not sure.

We had only 2 or 3 chances of a goal. They had about the same. Didn't see much between the sides.

We are rooted at the bottom. But I think there is enough time to claw ourselves back to safety.

Quote Originally Posted by ballumbie_arab View Post
    As I’ve just said about Watt’s red card, certain angles can skew the actual events. Nothing to say this is not the same. Regardless, both ref and VAR ref love Utd (NOT) so no surprise they got a pen!
    True, except there is no skewing of actual events here. The attacker gets the ball. Clearly. Birighitti makes zero contact with it whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    True, except there is no skewing of actual events here. The attacker gets the ball. Clearly. Birighitti makes zero contact with it whatsoever.
    That is your opinion, does not mean it is fact!
    The video clip from pie and bovril made it look like Watt’s red car was fully deserved, yet others made it look, like the Motherwell playacted. The fact that the SPFL rescinded the red card tells me you need to watch all angles. For me, this is absolutely the same, and IMO it’s not a pen. The Twitter clip appears to be from a fan, so likely a view the officials have not seen, and again, I think we simply do not have enough cameras at Scottish games to successfully operate VAR, but no surprise there!

World Cup break may do us a favour. Charlie will hopefully back and we can go back to the back 3 of last season. I thought we showed enough in the 2nd half to give us a glimmer of hope. Aberdeen have a great home record this season and we could have got something from that. January signings a must.

That is your opinion, does not mean it is fact!
    The video clip from pie and bovril made it look like Watt’s red car was fully deserved, yet others made it look, like the Motherwell playacted. The fact that the SPFL rescinded the red card tells me you need to watch all angles. For me, this is absolutely the same, and IMO it’s not a pen. The Twitter clip appears to be from a fan, so likely a view the officials have not seen, and again, I think we simply do not have enough cameras at Scottish games to successfully operate VAR, but no surprise there!
    Fair enough, if that's your opinion then I'll leave it at that. There's really no point arguing about whether it was or wasn't a penalty when you haven't seen the replay that was shown after the game. The twitter clip is a pretty flawed view of the incident tbh.

Fair enough, if that's your opinion then I'll leave it at that. There's really no point arguing about whether it was or wasn't a penalty when you haven't seen the replay that was shown after the game. The twitter clip is a pretty flawed view of the incident tbh.
    I understand what you are saying, but if they only had the same view (that they did for the Watt red card), then they’d make a similar decision, yet if they had more cameras installed, then likely they’d have more and other views that would show it was not (certainly in the case of the Watt red card), and I suspect that is the case here (but not so proven, and won’t be unfortunately), but that twitter clip (for me) certainly casts doubt.
    Do you not agree, that the system has been installed “half-ersed”? (typical for Scotland)

Killie only picking up points cos of that plastic f*cking pitch. One draw with only one goal scored away from home all season. Shambles of a ruling.
    Pretty sure it could have been voted out last season. Need 11 - 1 vote to get it away f*ck. Only Livi had plastic last season.

I understand what you are saying, but if they only had the same view (that they did for the Watt red card), then they’d make a similar decision, yet if they had more cameras installed, then likely they’d have more and other views that would show it was not (certainly in the case of the Watt red card), and I suspect that is the case here (but not so proven, and won’t be unfortunately), but that twitter clip (for me) certainly casts doubt.
    Do you not agree, that the system has been installed “half-ersed”? (typical for Scotland)
    It's been installed far too quickly, there's no doubt about that. It's basically being 'trialled & errored' in a live situation which is simply wrong. We should've had it working away in the background until the WC break, ironing out all of the issues we've seen up to this point, so that it's ready, in full, for when the league resumes. As you say, typical for Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by duke_the_arab View Post
    Pretty sure it could have been voted out last season. Need 11 - 1 vote to get it away f*ck. Only Livi had plastic last season.
    I dunno mate. Its a f*ckin farce though.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)