+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: World cup

This would have been my 7th WC in a row but we made the decision we weren't going to such a backward homophobic, corrupt sandy shi thole whose stadiums have been built by virtual slave labour, of whom around 6,000 (some estimates are much higher) have lost their passports when arriving there, and then their lives, on their health and safety less construction sites (South Africa a p iss poor developing country lost only 2 lives).

An absolute disgrace that some teams are pretending to give a s hit about the aforementioned, but none have the balls to pull out and really give those c???s a bloody nose.

A place the size of Birmingham should never have got it, but if their corruption meant they had to have it, then they should have been made to share it with the other oil rich countries around them, so they wouldn't apply to have it ever again, and therefore we wouldn't have to endure another travesty of football over there again.

This corrupt tournament actually begins on Sunday, but not many TV ads exploiting this World Cup. Also I don't think Ive seen any naff flags on car aerials or GB flags unfurled through bedroom windows.

I’ll watch the England games but probably that’s it, an abomination of a World Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    This corrupt tournament actually begins on Sunday, but not many TV ads exploiting this World Cup. Also I don't think Ive seen any naff flags on car aerials or GB flags unfurled through bedroom windows.
    Not seeing England flags hanging from houses and cars is a massive bonus!

Went through Doha airport on Thursday on way to Perth.

Admittedly I only went through Transit but amazed by how little WC presence. Just one stall selling WC balls and a few bits of advertising. Hardly any impact at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post
    Went through Doha airport on Thursday on way to Perth.

Admittedly I only went through Transit but amazed by how little WC presence. Just one stall selling WC balls and a few bits of advertising. Hardly any impact at all.
    I’m extremely envious Yarm.....Perth😍😎

How long are you there for and are you travelling elsewhere?

What about airfare ticket prices, unbelievable the way they’ve gone up sine I went in 2019!😩

It's interesting that an alcohol ban inside the stadiums has been put in place just two days before the competition starts. To my cynical mind it's what they planned from the start. To be honest, things aren't going well for this World Cup, far too many controversial issues. Long may it continue! Qatar didn't deserve it in the first place so they'll get no sympathy from me. FIFA have proved, yet again, that they are one of the most corrupt institutions in the world.

Did you all see Fantani's speach this morning?
    Talking about how he is a woman, disabled, gay.... etcetera...
    Right, head down and back to my books for the next month....🤔🤔

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    Did you all see Fantani's speach this morning?
    Talking about how he is a woman, disabled, gay.... etcetera...
    Right, head down and back to my books for the next month....🤔🤔
    A bizarre, incoherent and confused monologue made by a megalomaniac dictator - listening to ramblings from someone in a mental asylum would make more sense. Gianni Infantino and FIFA, as dirty and corrupt as they ever come.

Not only is he an utter dickhead but he closely resembles a dildo with eyebrows drawn on it.

FIFA has blood on it's hands and this self serving prick's chosen to double down.

Arrogant, condescending piece of excrement. I'd suggest words fail me but they clearly don't.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)